• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

pulaski?

has anyone been out there lately?havent been much talk about pulaski fishing.has everyone given up on it or is nobody fishing it.has anyone heard of or caught any eyes this year

was there mon. afternoon to 6 pm. 1 smallll
perch. not another bite same with the two other guys next to me.

Hey guys,
Whats the story about Pulaski? Is it a good lake to fish? Seems like it would be a good crappie and walleye lake but everyone I talk too and everything that I've read here seems to have very little success on Pulaski. I did ok with bass early last year. The pike fishing seems to be good too.
Any thoughts?

------------------
If it aint a BASS, it might as well be a rough fish.

Hey Dan...Andy here...

Pulaski is a great lake! It's very difficult to fish for walleyes though. It has a great forage base. All the walleyes I've caught there in the summer, (this was the first year I tried icefishing it, to no avail!) have been very fat and healthy. They don't miss a meal in there. Another thing, is the water clarity. When Duane and I were there 2 weeks ago, we were amazed that we could see our jigs 17 feet down!! That makes for extremely tough fishing...my guess is that lake would be best under a good snow cover and at nighttime (as in after midnight!)
This lake has good sized bass too! Good numbers of crappies, great northerns, lots of sunfish...it's just an awesome lake, that puts up a good fight...doesn't relinquish fish that easy, and I like that! --AK grin.gif

------------------
"My Recipe for Fish Chowder:
-Set lid on bucket o' minnows and let stew in the sun for 3 days...
-Open, stir and enjoy..."

A couple of us went out on Pulaski yesterday for some R&R from the crowds on Buffalo. Could actually hear yourself think out there. Fished on 26-34 feet, marked a lot of suspended fish with really light bites at 20-22 ft, c&r'ed a couple northerns on jigs 18" from the bottom, nothing on the tipups. Didn't see anyone else's tipups flag either. As for the sunken island, there were 5 houses on it, otherwise, I think everyone else is still trying to figure out a strategy for Pulaski.

can nobody figure this lake out? hopefully someone can figure them eyes out only a couple weeks left

I was out on pulaski early ice 3-4 inches. we fished just off the island and caught 4 northerns no walleyes. Had some luck last summer in the same area.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone been out,or drove bye lately,wondering if any houses left out,or did everyone bail off,cause of slow bite

I have been out as recent as last week (tues)...

I've also worked very, very hard to find the eyes on Pulaski... tried a bunch of different spots, many presentations, at many times of the day, and still none...

They gotta be holed up somewhere none of us would expect, or, they wont bite... I remember someone here discussing how fat they are, and it is true... I've often remarked at how round they are, even down by the tails... there must be a ton of food for them...

The only thing I havent tried is really deep water (45'+)... are any of you aware of any other situations where walleyes have been found that deep??? I'm ready to try anything in the next six days...

you here of them being that deep on other bodies of water,wouldnt suprise me at all,if you have tried every other things,give it a shot

Hey WKSparrow,
If you have some free time would you like to try for them fat Pulaski walleyes one last time on Sunday evening?

------------------
All cold and no warmth makes Danny a dull boy.. all cold and no warmth makes danny a dull boy... all cold and no warmth makes danny a dull boy... all cold and no warmth makes danny a dull boy........

Hey WKSparrow
I would definatly try 45 feet of water fished Koronis this weekend and caught four small walleyes and about 15 perch in 40 feet of water. Koronis is a very clear lake too, you can actually see bottom in 25 feet of water. From what I've noticed the bite on clear lakes is almost always after dark. I've only fished Pulaski in the summer and never had any real luck.

The weekend might not work - I think I'm gonna head up to URL and LOW for the three day weekend... Yee-haw!!

BUT, what about tomorrow or friday??

That probably wont work for me because I work in the evening. If your plans change and you want to fish let me know. Good luck up north.

------------------
All cold and no warmth makes Danny a dull boy.. all cold and no warmth makes danny a dull boy... all cold and no warmth makes danny a dull boy... all cold and no warmth makes danny a dull boy........

[This message has been edited by dan2957 (edited 02-11-2004).]

Hey Duane...whaddaya say we give Pulaski another try? Maybe Friday or Saturday evening, I'm working Sunday night through Thursday night (off Friday a.m.) now...