• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

monticello lakes

does any of you fmers fish any of these lakes little eagle, birch, bertram,ida, mud just wondering if any of yous get out this way

...and I wanna know who that was sitting on Bertram (since it's private now)...how'd you get out there? (the gate is closed and locked!) Whatchubinketchin'? grin.gif

...and you guys out on Washington! Please let us on your lake, purty please? Whatchubinketchin'? grin.gif

...and you guys fishing that little hole next to Cedar...Whatchubinketchin'? grin.gif

...and you guys out on Pelican, by the farm...Whatchubinketchin'? grin.gif

------------------
"Don't worry, I'll pick up your trash for ya!"

[This message has been edited by ackotz (edited 01-14-2004).]

....and what was that lone angler catching on Diamond Lake in Dayton the other day?

What's that they say?
"Get away from the crowds, your fishing will improve"...
I'm just afraid I'll die and no one will know it!!
------------------

[This message has been edited by ackotz (edited 01-15-2004).]

What is the story on the access on burtram it has been a state access as long as i can remember, maybe the state never owned it and just had a easment?

we were wondering the same thing, ackotz tried to find out from the dnr but never heard anything

swampman have you ever fished bertram or the other lake ive heard its called long, heard there are descent crappies, and eyes in there but you cant get back in there. have before in the summer but now shes locked up pretty tight and posted

I never really did fish Bertrum i have a friend who used to fish crappies there once in awhile. I used to fish long lake with my dad once in awhile years ago, he caught a 6.4 oz bass out of that lake.I dont know about walleyes in it.

I used to fish long quite abit years ago,if it's the one back behing the camp, quite afew nice crappies and bass. havn't been there in a long time, got a bigger boat and was to hard to get in there.

If your talking long? I went in through the Camp headquarters by the campground on bertrum. like I said not sure you can get in there anymore. They used to charge 2 bucks

i talked to the county about bertram and he said the county,dnr and the camp had a agrement about the road down there and there has been to much partying going on so the camp shut the access and road down , sounds like the county is not happy about it but nothing they can do. they hope to open a new one in the next couple years

Aw krikes!
That just chirps my bird!
Ever since The Village People, I haven't liked the YMCA!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by ackotz (edited 01-18-2004).]

Yeah...rub it in! I'll be driving a set to Fargo...I'll lay on the air horn as I go by... frown.gif

------------------

...oh yeah, and another thing...the bite sucked at Buffalo the other night (as the fish just stared at our presentations)...because their peak feeding period was from 7-PM to 11-PM!! We left at about 6!! Ha-ha!!
Tonight's peak period is from about 10-PM to around 2-AM...good luck Sugarblossom, and don't be afraid of the dark!! (All alone out there...ice cracking...and shifting...what if it breaks off? Phone battery's dead...don't drop the keys down the hole! "Mommy!!I'm scared!!"

------------------
"Don't forget your carbon monoxide detector!"

[This message has been edited by ackotz (edited 01-20-2004).]