• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking for a lake less traveled.......

Can anyone turn me on to a lake that's not as heavely fished as Buffalo, live in Monticello here, laid off over winter so plenty of time to fish, just need some place more low key to fish... thanks guys.

Havent got one yet, that really wouldn't help a guy to know what's frozen out, or full of springs. So would love some advice on where to go...

I thought you were going to Lake of the Woods?

------------------
"I forgot my gloves again"

Heading to Fargo friday then on to the LoW on Sunday for 4 days of what will hopefully be fishing bliss!!!!!!!!!!

Are you working in Fargo then having fun at LOTW?
I should try that too, some time...

------------------

No I work construction, live in Monticello, my old man lives in Fargo heading out from there. He works on Sat. so heading up early Sunday morn..

Either, just looking for a good bite, crappies, eyes, sunnies, it's all good

So let me get this straight, you're looking for a lake with little traffic/people and said lake must also have a good bite?

does a lake like this even exist????

You could post a farm pond on this site this week and by next week it could qualify for township statis. If a guy posts a lake on this site they'll be no fish in it next year!

I realize that no one wants to give up any "secret spot" on here and thats not what I'm asking, all I want is some info on other decent lakes where you can fish without an auger firing up every 3.5 seconds 10 feet from your house... You cant tell me every lake in this area is as heavily fished as Buffalo..

Theres that lake you can see off 94 on the south side. I think it's just west of Monti. I forgot what its called. The access is really steep. Caught some nice crappies a few years back.

Are you talking about Locke lake? Seen it, haven't seen anyone fishing it before though..

Yeah, the map looked pretty good for deep water areas, the survey numbers were low but might be worth a try to check it out..

Really, have you fished it hardwater? I'm going to have to check it out, even if it's slow, worth not being surrounded by other people constantly making noise.

iceguy wrote: "...have you fished it (Locke Lake) hardwater?"

Andy answers:

"...yes"

------------------

[This message has been edited by ackotz (edited 01-07-2004).]

iceguy75...

Do you have an underwater camera? We need to find a set of car keys in Locke Lake! grin.gif

------------------
"Don't drop your keys down the icehole!"

I've fished Locke around opener with fair success on 16 - 18 wally's. Good eaters but no larger fish.