• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

A family member who doesn't fish bought property on French lake last year. I'll be there this weekend and would like to do some fishing. Could anyone give me some good areas or information? Looking for anything that will bite. Panfish, Walleye, Pike all ok with me. Thanks,

Tim Gustafson

I have a GPS if anyone is brave enough to share a spot. Private email is [email protected]

I promise I won't spoil your favorite spot.

I have never Ice fished French lake however, I have fished it alot in the summer for walleyes. In the summer it can be very productive in water 4' to 12'. The water directly out from the public landing is the deepest part of the lake 35'? I would think you could find suspended crappies somewhere in that hole. Their are a number of reefs out in the lake which I would try for walleyes. I have caught white crappies up to 15" in the summer fishing walleyes. Good luck. I have had a big house on Mille Lacs for years so I never have ventured out on most of the western lakes.

Thanks Fishhook8. I'll give that hole a try. Looking at the DNR maps there seems to be quite a bit of structure out there so hopefully I can have some fun.

Thanks again.

I did manage to set up some tipups in front my realitives place. The family festivities took control and I didn't get out on the ice like I would have liked to. There were a number of ice house groupings out there and I didn't see many people leave all day so I'm guessing they were doing ok for panfish. Sorry I couldn't help more. I did land a 4# pike on a tipup.

Good luck.