• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Waverly/Ann/Howard

I heard they were bitin on Howard from the kid at H2O, but I havent seen anyone even out there yet this year but I guess the only time I check is when I stop at the muni. Last I heard, Little Waverly was still open but it's always the last to ice up.

Thank you for the update. In years past we have had great success on this west metro gems.

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on Ann? Looks like the DNR has been stocking the heck out of that lake. Is anyone catching these walleyes? I know that the lake had a kill from a sewage spill but the DNR guy that I talked to from Montrose said that there is still a very healthy population in that lake.

Just for the record Big Waverly is the last to freeze over and Little Waverly is one of the first to freeze over. Howard lake has 3 houses on it now but I have not heard of any fish being caught yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Scuba fish,
Let my know how you do. I will check here tomorrow. I have one more day of work this week and then fishing for 5 days.
Word of advice. If you are out on Dutch watch out for spearing holes. I was out walking the dog on the lake at it was dark out and no one marked the hole with a branch or anything. I went in above my knees before I caught myself. Cold walk home with boots full of water.

Ouch! Thanks for the advice! Some people should not be allowed to fish if they can't follow a few simple safety rules.

We actuallly went out to Independence last night and caught a few Crappies. Let me know how you do, we should head out some night this week on Howard.

Scuba,
My wifes parents live on Indy so I have been out there a couple times this year. I am heading out for some crappies and sunnies tomorrow morning over towards Annandale. We will see how things go.
Heading out on Howard sounds like a good idea. Maybe find some walleyes. I did pretty decent this summer out there.

Duckbill:

Any fishing reports from the holiday? We went up to Mille Lacs for the day yesterday and caught a ton of little Perch, no eyes to be seen.

Went to Ramsey and got some sunnies and crappies. That lake is getting a lot of pressure so you have to weed out a lot. The crappies were pretty decent being 9-10 inches. I was on clearwater last night and grabbed 3 nice eyes. All about 16 inches. Perfect for eating. I am heading to some smaller lakes in the buffalo area this afternoon. I will be home till around lunch if you want to stop over and we can meet. I know that there are a couple people in the neighborhood that have houses on Howard but I have not talked to them yet.

I'm going to be at work until 3:00 today. I will stop by this weekend. (first place on the left?)

Any idea what the ice conditions are like on Howard? We are looking to drive out to a few spots tonight.

Thanks

The ice was 13" thick and we drove out to the rock pile. Once we had our portables set up and lines in the water the wind came up as the cold front was moving in. The wind was so strong that the houses were moving, a little snow would help! We packed up and plan on trying again tonight.

Short trip again tonight, I took my three boys out for the first time and two of the three did not last long. We were marking a lot of fish out on the north side of the bar and trying everything (including a 5 year old thinking he was at home playing), but nothing in the bucket.

duckbill - send me an email, I drove by earlier and it did not look like anyone was home.

[email protected]