• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Buffalo Ice

Looking to get out this weekend. Anyone kwow anything about the ice on Buffalo.

The portables are out, how far I don't know. My fishing bud is remodeling the Wright Co. court hose across the street from the lake. and he called me last night.metro

just wondering if anybody went out on the other side by the golf course and how thick the ice was .

Where abouts were you fishing? I was thinking about heading out early Saturday moring in front of the courthouse. Are they still pumping water into the lake in front of the coarthouse? Early ice can be tricky enough let alone doing it in the dark. just wondering if it's safe to make it out there?

Thanks in advance

Bucknaked: I was in front of the courthouse. I am not sure about the pumping. It is not open like last year though. I am sure there will be plenty of people out there on Saturday morning. With this new snow on this ice, there will be tracks to follow. Good luck. Muzzleloader or fishing tonight???

Hey Metro1,

Andy here...did you get my "thank you" note? Thank you so much for the gift...baby's first Rapala...got love it!!

Gonna fish this weekend? I'm charging my Vexilar batteries "as we speak", in anticipation...besides, the freezer is "fishless like Seattle"... grin.gif
--AK

Thanks for the info guys. I made it out Sat. night and I found about 4.5 inches of ice. We got a few crappys, not much to speak of, but still nice to be on hard water again.

I would say the crappies were 9 or so inches long give or take a little.

Went out last night after the Vikes. Fishing was slow but had 5" of ice. About 50 houses out when we got there.

Got out last night for about a hour and a half, pretty slow. One walleye 21 inches and one perch. 16 feet of water,both on a angel eye.

Are people catching more walleyes on the south side of the lake right around where the small creek enters the lake, or does it matter right now. How thick is the ice

I dont know where they are biting the best,I was on the south end close to where you mentioned.ice was about 5 inches when i was out.

I was out last weekend and saw a few fourwheelers out there. I plan on hitting it on Sat. morning and was wondering if the lke is pretty much safe for atv travel now? Also if any one could share how they have been doing out there would be great.

Thanks Slab

I was out last weekend towards the north end. A few small walleyes Sat. morning, one about 3 lbs Sun. morning with a bonus pike. Nothing in the evening. I believe there gets to be too much pressure during the day, knocks the walleyes down. I like Buffalo, but first nice is about it for me. Looking for other spots with less pressure now.

I was wondering how the fishing on Buffalo is during the night. I am thinking about going out at around 9 and fishing to 1 or 2 in the morning. If anyone has had any luck in the late night and would like to share i would sure listen. Also this weekend the crappies were on fire for me. Limit of 11-12" crappies. The size seems a lot better than last year.

Thanks
Slab

My brother in law used to spend the night in his house alot usually not fast and furios but put in some time and you will catch some.he has a couple of 9 pounders on the wall from his late night outings.

I was out there last night with one other buddy and we caught 16 nice craps and 3 very nice walleyes. 17 1/2, 18 1/2, and 19 inches.