• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Buffalo or Pulaski

wmn luv me walleye fearme

I;m heading out there friday afternoon to fish for some eyes (haven't been out for walleyes in about a month and a half) Any reports on either or these lakes to help me with a decision?
thanks

------------------
To be the man you have to beat the man....Wooooooooo

Was on Buffalo on Sat. Aug 30. Water clarity was poor. Caught one walleye, one northern, one large mouth (18") and snagged one sunfish trolling a shad rap from noon to about 1:00. Switched to lindy rig (spinner)and minnow and caught one small northern from 1:00 to 4:00.

Hello all,

I will be heading out tomorrow to Clearwater during the day, and Pulaski in the evening (that is if Clearwater isnt producing). Pulaski has produced some nice fish this summer. The numbers have been a little low, but the average size is 18+.

Starting now, until the end of October, Pulaski puts out some very nice fish, when running the weedlines. I like the evening/night bite the best. Usually using Cranks and live bait rigs & minnows.

I'll let you know how I did.

I used to live in Buffalo. We used to catch some really nice fall walleyes in Pulaski just by casting big rapalas off the swimming beach.

I would have posted back sooner but I was on vacation out on Winni last week. Fished buffalo out on Friday. No eyes but a fair amount of crappie using a small jig and half a crappie minnow drifting. I plan on trying either buffalo of pulaski again on sunday. Hopefully have some luck with the eyes

------------------
To be the man you have to beat the man....Wooooooooo

Hello all,

Fished both Clearwater and Pulaski yesterday. I started on CW and, like past trips, managed to catch a number of eyes. However, like past trips, they ran very small in size. It just seems as though the small, second year fish have taken over the east lake! I hope the size starts getting better soon.

I then went to Pulaski for the afternoon/evening bite. The wind was whipping pretty good, so I stayed in areas where it was manageable. I did not boat any eyes here. All I ended up with were a few chewies. I did speak to a fisherman coming off the lake that boated 4 eyes, he was nice enough to fill me in on the location, but it didn't work out to the same results for me.

I will probably head back to Pulaski on Saturday morning to give it another shot. Hopefully with much better results.

Went out yesterday to Buffalo. Tried fishing by the steeple. Real windy had a tough time fishing where I wanted to. Fished the opposite end no eyes, but 2 nice pike and a couple small bass

Was on Sat the 27th... Caught 3 Northerns all about 3-4lbs, a 27in eye and a 22 in eye, both still swimming and to top the night off caught about a 13-15lb Carp...what a mammoth!!
Good Luck!!

Thanks for the reports guys... 27" eye, very nice! Livebait or cranks? Those carp are fun to hook into... I hooked a giant a couple weeks ago while fishing bass... They are a lot of fun.

Was out on Pulaski on 9/30 for a few hours in the afternoon and picked up a couple of decent pike. Just trolling spinners w/ medium suckers and fatheads. Was trying to find the eye's, but had to leave before sundown. I'll be back there to fint the 'eyes around dusk.

Went out there this morning, caught 10 small eyes and lost a pig at the boat (a minimum of 28 inches and built like a linebacker!). The biggest of the small ones was 15 inches, also caught two 5lb pike and was bit off 3 times. Lots of action! I was working the flat and bar in the center of the lake from 7-15 ft. Lindy rigs and shiners worked the best. I spent the better part of an hour trying to track down bait this morning, Buffalo Bob is on sabbatical. This was by far the most action I have ever seen on Buffalo!

will be fishiing pulaski or buffalo this sat evening. which one is best? have they pulled the docks at the landings yet? any info on both lakes if anyone gets out the rest of the week? thanks

• 1 month later...

I was wandering overall hows the fishing at Buffalo lake. Is the Ice fishing any good on that lake? and is the walleye population in there up,down or fair.and crappies. I live in minneapolis but just got hired on by Bjorklund trucking whcih is right down the road from Buffalo lake. also do any of you have any info on Bjorklund? Any knoledge helpfull thanks.

DRAGON FISH II I would rate buffalo lake as a good walleye lake early ice escpecially 12 to 16 feet usually a good place to start.the crappie fishing is fair right now hasnt had a real good year class for awhile but that comes and goes. dont know much about Bjorkland except that they have been in buisness as long as i can remember and i have lived here all my life (43 yrs).p.s. buffalo lake does get fished hard in the winter so expect alot of company.