• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any panfish action?

Sounds like A guy will be able to fish comfortably out in the open anywhere he wants this comeing weekend, with temps pushing 60. would like to get a nice meal of sunfish. anyone have any hot tips on where theyre catching em?

How is the ice on Clearwater? Was out on Sylvia and was able to drive. Caught nothing in the daytime but the evening crappie bite should be starting.

Scubaman, cant believe you were able to drive out. Must have cast iron units....I havent been on the ice out on sylvia for several days so didnt think that it was driveable any more. I live on the north end of the lake and was hoping to 4 wheel out this weekend and wasnt sure if it would be doable, but after your post I guess it shouldnt be a problem. were you driving a car/truck or wheeler? I understand that the a.m. bite in the shallows, just under the ice has been pretty good if you find the right location. Are you going out this wknd?

------------------
I fish, therefore I am.

Planing on hitting Clearwater on Friday afternoon/evening before heading up to RED on Saturday. Any reports? Ice conditions? Reports from other lakes? Looking for the slab crappies shocked.gif

I have a lake place on the NW bay and am waiting for the spring run. The 17th I even saw a truck come across the pressure ridge off cedar point. I won't drive a truck no more but I will atv. I do hope for a early ice out to go collect all the goodies on the bottom. I have plenty of anchors but would like to find more lanterns and hooch. The crappie bite has been in decline for several years but the sunfish bite has made up. Good Luck to all!
>'//////<

nailed some good crappies both trips to clearwater this winter... They seem to be predictable in the winter and not very tough to locate, but they were biting very light both trips... usually just twitching the line, not even moving the rod tip... They would drop it if you didn't hit them quick on a twitch... best action after dark for crappies.

should be plenty of bluegill action if you go shallow on clearwater as well... just move around till you find them.

the ice was still much better than what I expected on clearwater last night... a good 12" of ice, although it is full of air... the shoreline was fine as well, just make sure you know where your going because there is a lot of areas with open water on that lake now...

Me and a buddy were out on friday afternoon/evening and caught 3 walleyes and 2 crappies...we should have stayed longer but had to be back home by 7:30....