• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Clearwater River is wide open and visibly flowing -- water level has risen over the past week (today is April 9). Ice on the Clearwater chain is rapidly receding along the shorelines and creating sizable sections of open water. Deteriorating ice. If the warm weather holds, dramatic changes should be evident before the weekend.

Hi Clayton, any idea (rough guess) when Clearwater will be boatable? Looking forward to some open water crappie fishing!!

Thanks,
NBLM

I don't think you'll have to wait more than another 10 days -- altho that's late compared with most years.

The little bay I live on gets almost no wind, but with 50s temps and high sun, it is clearing out fast.

Great, hope to see you out there. I would like to thank you in person for the fly vice. I'll be in a white 1952 Corecraft with 1954 faded out 18 horse Johnson. Nothing fancy, but gets the job done.

Doesn't have to be fancy if it does the job. We should be able to hook up sometime this summer -- I have a number of trips, but will also be on Clearwater when I can.

I'm not so hard to spot, as I believe mine is the only 18 ft Tracker Targa locally. I see others from time to time, but not among the lakeshore owners. A Targa in Lund, Crestliner, Alumacraft country is like a guy in a tuxedo on a construction site.

Think of how I feel in a Corecraft in Lund, Crestliner, and Alumacraft country smile.gif The price was right, it gets the job done, and to think of the history... The boat was 22 years old when I was born. Will be looking for you.

Thanks, but I'm on the road again. Meeting of outdoor writers in Indiana, then to Springfield, MO., on to Bella Vista, Ark., then Branson, MO., then back home. I don't think I'll be fishing here 'til walleye opener.

Starting this afternoon I'm looking thru lots of windshield hours.

Fathead, sure i can send you the numbers when i pull them up next. As far as Mille Lacs, i have been guiding on the lake for 15years and have too many spots and not enough time for them. Thanks anyway. Just let me know if you get any crappies out of clearwater and practice CPR..

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/

Hi D-Man,

I would be interested in those GPS spots if you are so inclined!! I will trade you for Mille Lacs info throughout the year. I get up there about 2-3 days a week in the months of May thru July, and once a week in August. But I will understand if you decline.

If so, mail to [email protected]

clearwater is one of my ice out crappie holes. I;ve been doing some research this winter and I got some ideas for pre spawn. This is my first year on the forum so I'll make sure to keep fellow clearwater fishers informed.

D-man,

Hey that would be great! As for CPR, I live it. My partner and I are thinking about getting out this Friday. I hope that the ice will be off by then. Does anyone have any info on the ice status as of 3/15?

Thank you,
Fathead

Flying fish and I were out on little rock today at 10:30 and the north side of the lake had ice. We fished the south end all morning and then came back at about 3:00 and the ice had completely vanished. My new boat is no longer a virgin. Don't quote me, but I think you'll be able to fish almost anywhere by next weekend. You just gotta watch out for floating debris all the slobs left out there.