• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Clearwater Icefishing

I'm thinking of taking my grandson icefishing down to Clearwater this weekend for sunnies. Has anyone been down there lately? Is BJ's still plowing roads, and how is the ice? Is anything Biting?
Thanks for any input.

------------------

I've just returned from Arkansas, and was amazed to see the new snow (today is March 18). With all that weight over what was weakening ice, there's no way I'll be going out. It's almost 50 degrees this afternoon at my house, so there's melting snow adding water to weak ice. This is the type of situation that creates danger -- be careful.

Thanks for the input.
I took my grandson out on Saturday out in front of BJ's. The ice has 3-6 inchs of slop on top of it covered in snow. The ice where we were seemed to be solid and about 20 inches thick. I do think there are places on the lake where it could be in bad shape.
We did have a good time sitting out on the lake for a few hours, even though the fish didn't cooperate. (We even got a little sun-burned.)
Thank Again!

People always seem to forget the sunblock this time of year. Use at least 15 strength sun protection formula, preferably higher.

I've had 3 skin cancers removed that were caused by exposure early in my life when I thought I was indestructable.