• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Collinwood lake

Does anyone have any info. on this lake in the southeast part of wright county??
How is it in the late winter like this??
Ive heard it can be a very good early season walleye lake, and the crappies can be numerous too. If thats true is it too crowded to be worth going to on opener-- ie: no place to park, too long of lines at the landing, grown men that cant seem to back up a trailer, etc...
any info is appreciated, Pete

I live two miles from collinwood and walleye fishing has been excellent the past two or three years. It receives alot of pressure and this winter has been very slow. My ice fishing outings have produced numerous fingerling sized walleyes which is good for the future.

The landing on north-end is packed. The county campground on east-side is less busy. Never have very good luck with early crappies. The whole east-side has bullrushes. Thats where I would begin searching.