• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any crappie or bluegill reports??

D-man,
Thanks for the info on Reel-Bottom. I don't know why I was not able to access it the first time. My brain must have locked-up.

I have fished Clearwater several times this year (my favorite lake in that area) and have done fairly well. I go straight east from BJ's Bait, past the first group of houses in 28', slighly shallower than most. I did not fish over the weekend but spoke to a friend who has cabin there: reports were that the crappies have moved deeper, many fishing over the 50' holes. Sounds like they got several nice fish in the 12-13" range. Clearwater has an excellent crappie population. Most people get them using crappie minnows, however I always get a few of the light-biters using a spring bobber and waxies.

<;))))><

Well my dumb a@# spent the day out on buf on Sunday, I don't know why I went back there, I knew the fishing was done for the year at that lake. Unfortunatly I got harrassed by 5 slimmies, and I hate slimmies, the worst part was 2 of them didn't spit the hook or break the line so I had to grab them. No Walleye, no crappies just small perch and slimmes. The ice is still in good shape there with about 16 inches and people are still driving. I spent Sat. on Mille Lacs, 1 4lb eye and 1 pout, not good. I made the mistake of going out of seguchie, there is a huge crack about a few hundred yards from shore so you can't go anywhere on that st. albanys bay side. Ice was also about 5-6 less up their than most of the annandale lakes. Good Luck

I was out on Bebee Saturday. Lots of little sunnies. . .but with the 2.5 year old that worked pretty well. It was calm and warm and he enjoyed the trip. They were just starting to bite around noon, but I had to leave. Managed to pull one 'slimmie' out as I was packing things up. Tasted pretty good to me so I didn't mind.