• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Yup, They're out!

As of noon today, Friday, Dec 28, there are ice houses on Pleasant, Clearwater, John, and other area lakes -- I don't mean portables.

Caution should still be exercised, since there was a lot of uneven ice before the recent snow cover. I would not travel in an area without following someone's tracks.

It's now early Saturday morning. After a couple cups of coffee I'll head over to BJs and find out. Frankly, from what I watched develop the past week, a guy would be crazy to drive out toward Bungalow Island. But, I'll check.

Sunday morning -- Lots of folks enjoyed yesterday on Clearwater and other area lakes. Wind chill was a factor, but bright sunlight helps the spirits.

D-Man: No one ventured very close to Bungalow Island (that I could tell), but there were dozens of portables and bigger shelters of weedlines along west and north west fringes of the upper lake. A couple portables were far to the east and north of Bungalow. Some of just about everything is being caught, but no one seemed to brag about limit catches. Panfish are fairly active, as are northerns. Quite a bunch of anglers on Pleasant, too. Don't know what they did. No large vehicle traffic yet, but I suspect it's coming for the New Year holiday. Be careful.