• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone ice fishing Buffalo or Clearwater?

In spite of very uneven ice conditions, YES, there are guys fishing Clearwater. I've seen no activity on the eastern half, but there are anglers straight out from the public landing (Bob's Bay area) and out from BJs on the western half.

Out from the river mouth and at Bob's Bay channel there is still open water. My buddy at Cedar tells me no one should venture out there yet, but I don't know what's going on at Buffalo. It was right at 0 degrees at my place yesterday and today, with high yesterday only 16. Snow cover was less than had been predicted, but was in the 4-5 inch range. It was dry enough that lots of it got blown around over the ice that had formed.

Lots of people fishing Buffalo. Ice from 4-6 inches as of Wed PM. Got 6 small walleyes Wed. One on Tue. Don't know about the whole lake but the north side is good.

[This message has been edited by fshnut (edited 12-26-2001).]