• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

mankato to judson

has anyone been fishing this stretch lately thinking about hitting it friday night let me know . thanks Bob

Wish I could help out Bob. But with school starting 2 weeks ago, I haven't been able to get out since the St. Peter gathering. Good luck and let us know how you do.

------------------
Good Luck & Good Fishing. Lucky

Same for Rushing and I....We are thinking about gettin out tonight. Probably head back to the place we were at for the gathering tough.....Good luck if you go...

You still have my cell phone, call me if you get any action.....jk

• 1 month later...

dude i fish judson so much, we always get channels but nothin to big, my buddie got a channel that went all the way up to the boat, and we had cut bait on, it was soooo big for a channel and it comes up then saw the net and snaped the 20lb line.. that was on judson too... catch em' next time and get er done

This is interesting.

I was just thinking about doing a road trip upstream and try Judson area this weekend.Only fished the area once for cats.

Any tips or pointers would be mucho appreciated.

I was going to ask Dark 30 to join me on sunday and would have one additional open seat in the River Pro.Takers??

I'd love to Dennis but I'm not sure if the wife will let me. Its about a 2.5 hour drive down that way. What time were you thinking?

It would be nice to meet you Leech.I don't think it would take you more than two hours tops to make it there.

It will most likely be, meet at the launch around noon and fish untill dark.We will target some walleye!

Give her a back rub and do a little begging.

wink.gif

Dennis, I'll talk to her tonight. In what town or area would we be meeting at? It would truly be a great opportunity for me. I'll get back to you soon.

Dennis....

If Leech can't get permission from the warden, I'm interested in joining ya if ya don't mind. That is if ya still have a seat open?

Dark30.....

Did ya ever get that rock cutter/grinder/polisher up and running? I think it's time to get ya that beer I owe ya one of these nights. Not much going on on my end, just waiting for the ice to form.

Hey Duffster, Hows it goin! No, I haven't messed with the machine yet but its on my list....along with everything else I still need to get done. I keep finding myself wandering the river bottoms instead of being productive. We'll have to meet up at Dangerfield's sometime for happy hour(s) wink.gif

Fishhead, I'll call you later today. I've still been getting some nice ones up to 20" but it has slowed down since Halloween. No boat needed although it would come in handy at one spot. I think they may be moving deeper very soon.

Dark30....

How did the kittys treat you this year? Once again, another year went by and I didn't fish for them, maybe next year. I did catch my first steelhead and chinook this year though. I also talked the ol lady into finally getting out and fishing for a couple hours, then watched her land a 29" walleye. shocked.gif

We can BS some more at Dangerfields some night, how about next week sometime?

Dennis I might be in the area myself , have to work till noon in chaska and if the rest of my corn is out of the fields I may tag along, either as a rider or I'll bring the Mid Pro down.

Looks like we are going to mmet at the launch at the park by the campgrounds in Mankato at noon.What the name??somebody??

Dark would like to check a few hunches in the area and I am just tickled to fish a different stretch of river for once! cool.gif

Leech, if you can make it, that would be great.

Other wise we got a seat open for Duff.

Brian,I hope you can make it as well.

Dennis, looks like I am out for Sunday frown.gif The wife says we have to much "stuff" to do. So Duffman you're in. I am totally bumed out. I was really looking forward to fishing with and meeting you Dennis. If you ever have an empty seat in the spring or summer when you are out catfishing, please keep me in mind. I'd love to try to break my lousy 10 pound best flat, or maybe catch my first white bass smile.gif

Thanks for the offer, and please let me know how you guys did.

Good Luck, LEECH

Leech.....

The ol' Honeydo list got ya. mad.gif That sucks, but we all have to deal with it at one time or another. Score some brownie points this weekend with her, hopefully that will make getting away for future trips easier. Thanks for the heads up this early, now I can make my weekend plans. Take it easy and have a good weekend.

Dennis.....

Oooooo my first Riverpro boat ride, can't wait! Thanks for the offer, I really do appreciate it. What do I need to bring? Bait? Looks like you guys mainly use plastics, any other tactics that might be used? Just trying to get a feel for what kind of tackle to bring. I'll plan on bringing a couple jigging rods. Anything else that I might need? Thanks again Dennis.

I've fished the Chaska area a twice in the last week with mixed success. Caught 4 smaller walleyes the first time out, and last time caught 2, one was around 4lbs, and I lost a big, big sauger, 6-7 lb range. All fish were caught in shallow against the rocks, with 1/16 oz white jigs and fatheads. Its nice fishing a different stretch of river besides Mankato, although once I finally learned some good spots down there, I move up here. Anybody else know of some good spots in the Chaska area? I just recently moved to Waconia, and could use some more spots besides right off the landing in Chaska. Duck/goose spots?

Duffman,

A helmet, life jacket, oxygen a couple prayers and a little luck!

HAve fun, I wish I was joining the gang. Sarge and I are hitting some water near home.

Dark or Dennis, if either of you have midweek time...next week the Dam bite is on! YEhaaaa!

Jim W

Thats too bad Leech.Maybee you didn't rub that back hard enough.You'll know for next time! smile.gif

We will give a shot another time.

Duff, I guess we will see you at noon on sunday then.

Dark gets to play guide this time!! grin.gif

I know he likes Shad Raps,jig and plastics and we will probably pick up some fatheads,just in case.Bring your favorite walleye rods for jigging,or pitching jigs and you should be covered.

Thanks kato,

I keep forgetting the name of the place.

JP Shoot me an email.I will give you all of Darks great shore spots! grin.gif

Jim yu have mail.

All my favorite spots eh? Only my wife knows my VERY favorite spots and she don't fish....She just needs to know in case I don't come home and she can tell them where to drag. tongue.gif

Well fellas, what fun did I miss out on? Who caught the big fish of the day? Weather should've been very nice.

The wife let me get out on a local lake located right here in the town of Willmar for a couple of hours. It turned out worth it. In the hour and a half of fishing around sunset, I caught about 7 pike. Each one was around 6-7 pounds. It was fun to catch so many, that big, in that short of a time span. I'll deffinately have to hit that spot again in the next few days. I hope you guys had luck as well! grin.gif

Leech...

Looks like you had more action than we did. I caught a white bass, Dark30 got the biggest fish- a buffalo, and Dennis landed a nice keeper 'eye. Other than that, it was slow. I had a great time though, that River Pro is quite the rig. Dennis gave me a small sample of what that boat is capable of, pretty impressive. Due to 36 degree water temps and a definite wind chill when that baby revved up to speed, Dennis kept it mellow.

Dennis....

Thanks again, that's fishing for ya, they don't always just jump in the boat. Maybe we could hook up next summer and go chase some kittys up in our neck of the river? Every year I say I'm going to get some cattin in, and gosh darn it, next years the year! lol

Dark30....

It was a pleasure seeing you again sir. Thanks for not talking Dennis out of not letting me tag along. grin.gif

Barley pops on Wednesday?

I didn't get anything on the Minnesota so I moved up to a spot that I usually hit on the Blue Earth not far away. I ended up with 4 eye's from 14" to 20" in about 2 hrs.

Dangerfield's on Wed it is. I hope Gus got the Weinerstiffener order in .. geez!, he's been out of it for three weeks! crazy.gif

Its still buggin me as to what bit me off in that warmer fast water we tried. I hope the lure comes out ok.

Lucky, Were you using live bait?

Didn't miss much as far as the catching went Leech!!

Ya SLOW!

frown.gif

I am kind of surprised that we didn't get more eyes bellow the plant.Lots of bait and the gar were feeding.plus there were plenty of targets on the sonar.

I would like to get back to that stretch again some time.Its a bit different than the stretch I usually fish.Looks like it could be a ton of fun if a guy could spend more than a few hours to get it figured out.

I am fairly sure that the fish were in the holes and we only did fish one.Not all holes hold fish...but that one should have!!!

wink.gif

Dark, I started out with a ShadRap, and promptly lost it. I then switched to an 1/8oz orange jig/white twister tail and got a few hits, but no takers. So I switched again to a live bait(big fatheads)/slip rig all 4 came on this rig.