• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone know of some places to catch carp between new ulm and st.peter? either the river or a lake is fine as long as there are lots of big carp avalible.

Sounds like Riverside park is the place to be for carp.

GOOD FISHIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

behind the sewage plant on the minnesota was were i always went to catch big carp..theres a little runoff that comes out of a cement tube and there usually just swimming on the surface eating the bubbles. however this was awhile ago and the river might be to high to see them on the surface.

Cement tubes flowing from a sewage plant... and we wonder why taht river is so dirty.

Gerd,

I suppose you have a better idea of where to discharge the treated wastewater. Please educate me on how to dispose of millions of gallons a day from the City of New Ulm without discharging it to the river.

Keep in mind that most "point source" pollution sources like municipal and industrial wastewater treatment plants have been the target of strictly enforced discharge requirements. Most of the problems with the Minnesota river are from "non-point sources" such as agricultural runoff, feedlots, etc. etc. If any of you would like more information on the recent studies regarding the issues with the Minnesota River, let me know. I have copies of the MPCA reports at my desk. I am a member of the Lower Minnesota River Dissolved Oxygen TMDL Advisory Committee and would be more than willing to share any information I have.

Municipal treatment plants are usually required to meet discharge standards that are "cleaner" than the body of water they discharge to.

Boy I'm telling you guys. If you want to hook into some car riverside is the spot. cast just left to the culvert and out maybe only 12-20 ft. Was there today used corn and had 5 carp about 10 pounds within and hour.
Then i had to go to work. I'll be there trying it out again tomorrow.

hey tom u wanna try the culvert today? before u go to work? i haft mow a lawn in the morning but after that i can prolly go depends on wat kinda mood the old man is in

I can't I'm getting my haircut and then gotta work. was there for maybe 30 min before and caught 2. Jermey was there with another kid and caught 3 walleyes. Me and
Buef are gonna take the boat out tonight on the river and hit some cats. I'll let you know how it goes.