• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

A friend and I are drift boating down the Minnesota River from New Ulm to Jordan next week looking for some walleyes. We've never fished the river before. I'm really looking for some advice as to what we should be pulling as far as color and so forth. We are planning to use jigs and tails tipped with fatheads, crawlers, or leeches; or anything else somebody might tell us to try. Any help or advice would be great! Thanks a million!
jigger

Not exaclty sure what to use but a spot i would diffently hit is by the quarrys where the cottonwood comes into the minnesota I know its been a hot spot this year.

anything bright in chartruse or green/yellow will work good gold and white are also very productive some days, i wold recomend a jig and minnow or leech for a slower retrive or in slack water or to swim a jig and twisty tail through faster moving water. at times rattling fireballs and northland Whistler jigs with the little props on them can work great, i would fish anyplace that a creek enters the river and use the smallest jig you can get away with and make bottom contact