• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

i know you guys have the ultimate catfishing resource at your finger tips, but i'm going to try and get a FM catfishing get together on the horseshoe chain. as a few of you know its a great channel cat fishery and can put out good numbers too. i was looking at a saturday over july sometime depending on what works best for the majority. for those that don't want to (or can't drive back)i've got room to crash at my place. if anything its a good reason to try new waters. hopefully we can get a group going. maybe grill some food and then hit the chain for some cats.

i'm new to the forum, what is FM and where in the horseshoe chain.

these websites are really nice, i'm pretty young and work evenings so i have days off, and love to fish and am trying to pick up things as i go. so i'm all about gathering.

FM is short for FishingMinnesota and usually refers to those of us here on the FishingMinnesota forums.

No clue where the horseshoe chain is but I'd love to go. Just depends when it is.

the horseshoe chain is in richmond, west of st.cloud. if anyone is interested it will be the 24th,3pm, meeting at the highway 22 access. grill some food and hit the lakes

That is a great idea!!I am in for sure if the date works out for me.
The Chain is one of the best cat waters in the state.I have only fished it a couple times in open water,and have been dying to get some time in on it again.

[This message has been edited by Dennis Steele (edited 06-28-2004).]

Oh fiddle-sticks! I can't make it on sabbath's (Saturday's for those who don't know). I'm at church until at least 1:30pm most of the time.

Oh well. You guys have fun! Take lots of pictures for us.

great, lets see if we can get a few more FMers to join in, its been a great year for cats up here so far.

let me know what date a week or so ahead of time and i will probably make the outing also. my parents have a camper at one of the campgrounds on the chain so i could stay there

july 24, 3pm at the highway 22 access. take highway 23 west to 22(corner of casey's) take a left on 22 and go 1/4 mile south to the access on the right. bring some food and beverages, we will grill then head out for some cats

Shoot that is tournament weekend in Canada.. I would love to hit the shu once this summer.

Don't forget our FM gathering in Crookston July 9-11. Hope some of you can make it, it's going to be a blast. Check for detials in the catfish forum.

• 2 weeks later...

CANCELED, i had the day off, but was informed last night that i would be attending madatory training both friday and saturday evenings. i used to like my job. anyhow i know there wasn't much interest but maybe another time.

I was really interested but couldn't make either.Maybee we can get one going again some time later in the year?I love to fish the Chain and wish I could get up there more often.