• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Troutman I will most likely be the last one to hit the river, I will do my best to hang around and wait for ya. Iam going to be up there a lot sooner than noon. Going to put in at hy#4 and run up to ketteners landing. Last weekend I put in at Franklin and ran all most down to kett looking for new spots to fish and looking over old ones, This spring has been hard on the river. Log piles that have been around for 13 years or more are gone. Did find a few good spots that looked good up river from kettners, Will know more about down river befor eveyone gets there on the 17th. Jigster will be the man to hook up with for down river and Collegeoutdoorsman is the one for up river.

drangon, sorry but i wont beable to make it this weekend, familys got a trip planed to blackhills, i will be watching the posts to see how all you cattin fools did. hope i can make the next rat meet thou so i can meet all you kitty lovers.

Dragon,I didn't get to call your cell forgot the number at home!Had a tough time on the river this weekend.How about yourself?Did one of your monkeys get loose!I'll check back later had a long day at work!! Later Jigster

I will most likely be there around noon. I'm hoppin the kitties moved up that way cuz they sure dont seem to be around here anymore. I've been paying my dues big time. I have only tricked a few small ones in the past few weeks. The river has been a roller coaster of rising and falling water and dont get goin on how bad the skeeters have been. All for Mr Wiskers! I think I got the monkey now. Maybe dragon will have some monkey repellent for me. grin.gif lol

I think some of my buddies will be showing up in the evening after they finish the kato tourney. Looking forward to meeting some new rats.
see ya saturday!
rob

Hay now, I got my monkey fixed, had him denutted!!! Don't know where all the monkeys came from but every one we talked to sat and sunday had one. As far as I know no one did any good this last weekend. Just a few small flats from 7-11lbs.

Around midnight is when all the lightning stared, Should have packed up and went home but hung in there. Around 3 is when the rain hit. Rain gear or no rain gear you got WET.This weekend should be better, The last that I heard was DRY.

If anyone would like to spend the night on the river, Nightwolf is looking for a partner to run his boat. He has room for one maybe two, depends on how much grear you drag along. If you want to fish all night just show up. See ya all at kettners any tine from noon on.....

Dragon,Going to check out New Ulm to Longhorn in am.The ramp we use at Longhorn is mudded in big time!See ya at Kettners!! Good Cattin' Jigster

well i thought i had a partner for the meet but he canceled out (getting ready for a newborn)
id love to take nightwolf up on his offer. i hate to fish alone and running the boat on the river alone is probibly not to smart when you dont know the river. the deal is i cant get there till 7 or 8 got a lets event till 5 or so
sure would love to make it there.

------------------
Troutman72

CPR <(((<

Troutman, Nightwolf and I will hang around till you show. See you there.

Jigster you will have to let me know if the two big log jams are still there up river of new ulm. Good luck tonight.

Wish I could have made this one. I had the LETS event also today. Guess I just didn't have the stamina that Troutman has, or I would have been there too. Hope you guys post your results. I'd like to hear how it turned out.

------------------
Good Luck & Good Fishing. Lucky

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

This FM Rat Meet was outstanding.

We sat around shooting the breeze. Dragon master dragged out his grill and cooked a great meal.

I've been to two cat gatherings this year and both have been exceptional for meeting new people and for learning great new catfishing information not to mention all the GREAT stuff that was given away.

If you haven't been to an FM gathering you really should consider it. FUN! smile.gif

Dragon and Jigster really gave up the details on flathead fishing information and location for the big 40-50 lb bruisers. Thanks very much guys!

Dragon had a ton of weights (literally) made up to give to all the attendees. I'm sure we had about all we could carry. My already overburdened tackle box is now MUCH heavier! Thanks Dragon.

When I arrived at the FM Rat meet around 12:30 pm I see this rat whittling away at cedar blocks and talking. I figure he's got a nervous habit. Then I notice a few cedar ducks and think, cool.

We start talking and I don't think anymore about it until Dragon says hey John, show the guys your ducks. John then proceeds to pull out these way cool musky/pike/cat lures out, puts one on, casts it out and swims it back. Man, that work of art even looks like the ducklings feet are swimming.

A gar comes up, takes a look at it and before it can make an attack it's too shallow. I tell John I want a signed one and he declines. Major bummer frown.gif

Then he pulls out his Busy Bee Musky Mauler (I really don't know what it is called) and there sits another functional work of art. he cast it out and you just watch this lure buzz through the water.

OK, that's not enough, Dragon drags the drawers open and there site some of the biggest musky lures you ever saw. Right up there with those monsters you see at the Musky shows. Just monster deep diving crankbaits. Don't cast them though, troll only.

Anyway, John finally pulls out a couple dozen ducklings and tells us to have at them. He's giving away what I'm estimating are $20 lures for FREE!!!

They were all a little differant, but here are some pics of mine:

duck1.jpg

duck2.jpg

duck3.jpg

I want to thank 30 inch eyes for the great time on the water. You're a great guy. I hope we can do it again sometime.

If you missed this gathering you missed another GEM!!!

Oh yeah, Thank you to all of you who attended. With YOU it made everything all the better. You're a GREAT bunch of guys!! smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 07-20-2004).]

You really do have to attend one of these gatherings. I had a great time even though Rick and I only boated one cat, I still had a great time! It's nice to put faces with with names. You will learn alot also. I definitely will attend more of these."PRICELESS"

Hey River Rats,Great chattin' with you guys!!The weather was excellent for a good nite of cattin'!!Those lure where outstanding!!The BS just as good!We ended up with five cats the biggest being 38 lbs.Man the river changed.Too many spots to little time.You won't believe it, when we were landing the boat some guy hauled in a flat that had to go 30-35 lbs.(Northside)You know where we landed!

Dragon,Thanks for the weights!!!!If you fish the river they're the way to go.

Rick ,nice to meet you and keep up the great work with the web site!
Good cattin' Jigster

WOW what a great time!! It was great to meet all people there.THANKS john for the baby huey duck its just to cool grin.gif Can't wait for the next one and i hope to get to it.Thanks troutman for playing capt. did a great job and thanks to dragonmaster for the putting this on and the great food.

------------------
FISH ON!!!

Yes once again a cat gathering has proven to be a great time, got to make new friends and hang out with old ones.

Those duckies are just the coolest!

I would like to thank Dragon for setting up this shin dig and I would also like to thank Dragon for showing us some of his best GAR spots. Althought we didnt land any gar we did mangae to get a few cats grin.gif
maybe we can get another gathering going next month in St Peter???? What would people think of that?.

tight lines
rob

You know I'll be there! Just don't tell me your thinking of the 21st. That's our LETS Zumbro Event. smile.gif

------------------
Good Luck & Good Fishing. Lucky

id like to thank nitewolf3008 and john for the company. sorry the snoring kept the fish away. had a great time. (darn gar)

thanks for waiting for me. must have been hard to sit there and look at the water so inviting. thanks dragonmaster for putting on this event too bad i had to miss out on part of it. thanks for the weights. looking forward to fishing with you sometime.

rushing did i see you mention somthing about a st peter rat meet count me in if the date works. (i dident see bobo fett rob)

wow is all i can say. what a long day of fishing. (id do it again) dont know when iv caught so many fish in one day. no big ones but plenty of fish and veriaty

thanks again and good luck on your next outing

------------------
Troutman72

CPR <(((<

How about we shoot for the weekend of the 28th in St Peter? and the St Peter boat landing. Hows that date?

Yes troutman boba fett was a no show Mr Hangover forgot about diggin him out and I paid the price. I am gonna go dig him out right now cuz I am heading out tomorrow and I need all the help I can get. grin.gif

I can't belive dragon had me eating someones pet!hahahaha It was good too!

tight lines
Rob

Thank you all for the kind words, and thanks for showing. It was good to see old friends and makeing new ones. any time any of you would like to hit the river just post and I will see what I can do.

Just4fun thank you for the little duckie, I will keep my word but not till next spring till then he will sit on the mantle grin.gif

The 28th at St Peter will work for me. Even if it is two days befor a full moon shocked.gif

Jigster sounds like you did good, All we got was small flats. One of Johns friends showed up just as we were putting in and he had a 36lb got it around 6pm.