• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

7 mile/browns creek

Is anyone fishing these two productive creeks?

If not your missing out went last night and did well. caught five nice eyes and keeped two, fiancee lost the big one, I tried to take over but she said " she could handle it" Guess not maybe next time she'll get the locness monster.

keepn' the lines wet as much as possible.

sassy shad with prolly a 1/8 oz jig head, red body and head. went out again lastnight and brought another 2 that went 17" and threw one back. River is going down real fast might be to low to fish tommorow eve.

Have you been tryin' there this week?

[This message has been edited by set the drag (edited 06-24-2004).]

Where exactly is Browns Creek? The one I always thought was Browns says Nicolett creek on the map. I'm thinking the one that dumps in just west of Judson on the north side of the river.

WET NETS! smile.gif

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Dark,
correcto mundo, just west (upstream) of the landing, and on the landing side (north).

people catch eyes there pretty regularily, but early morning and late afternoon it can be like trying to fish a hotspot on a metro lake. Well ok...not quite that bad, but expect company smile.gif

If you remember last year when you and Dennis came down that way and Dennis met you and I on the river, there was 4-5 boats in the creek and creek mouth when we took off from the landing. That was browns.

was at seven mile yesterday afternoon and caught one eye. Had a cuople bits and something broke my line. Nothin' biting for me in the eve.

Was at browns creek today and caught three nice eyes and it was in the afternoon. Have a moondogs game to go tonight or else I'd be fishin' at browns creek.

listin' to that drag

Me and my buddy fished on the river last night and caught 3 eyes and 2 saugers on sassy shads, we also lost some more.

GOOD FISHIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was at 7 mile when you left lastnight and nothin' after that.
Did good at browns around noon today

went to browns creek lastnight and did well with hard minnow baits caught five and relaesed two. the bite was over at about 9:30 but satyed till a little after ten.

still gettin' er done.

How do you get to browns creek from mankato? (I actually live in waseca but I though fewer directions would be easier because I get to mankato from Highway 14)Do you have to cross private property? Thanks to any help!!!!!!

GOOD FISHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is browns creek otherwise known as the swan lake outlet? I might head over on thursday because its my only day off this week.

prolly the same creek it has many names. yes you have to cross private land to get there. But he usually isn't around. Its a long walk from both directions. you can walk the shore from the landing to the south. Or cross the private land. If you know were the access is just go south of there and you drive right over the bridge park there. Their is a path through the woods. Be sure to bring a flashight if going at night.

went fishin' lastnight night at browns creek and caught one for the wall. 26" and 13" around. and aslo shored a 16.5". There were a lot of longnose garr around. still bitin' on the sassy shad. The creek has went down a little bit since the beginning of the week.

Set the drag has landed one!!!!!

I'm a little confused to where Brown creek is. Is it the same as Nicollet Creek(which is on the North side) or is it on the South side of the river. Thanks in advance. marc

same creek just a different name. just up the river from the landing. on the landing side.

was gone this weekend. but, my brother ended up down at browns creek friday night and caught nothin' and also went out sunday morn. and caught one nice walleye and a sheephead.

I'm planin' on being out there this eve for some eye's. The creek should be up a little. So it should be good.

rather be be sittin' in skits than sittin' at work!!!

still catchin' eyes at the mouth with soft plastic's. went fishin' lasetnight and brought in one eye at 16" and a sauger at 19.5".

How big do saugers get this is the biggest one I've seen?

was out this morn till about 8:00 am only one little eye. seen a nice one caught though so they might still be there. Just gotta have the patience I guess. which I have trouble with.

listin' to that drag!!!!!!!!!!

I think the creek fishin' is done for me. The walleyes arn't bitin' the way I want them to. Was out again this eveing and same results as this morn'

Is anyone catchin' eye's on any of the area lakes?

Try Madison Lake, I heard the eyes are near the weeds and hittin #5 shallow runners.

GOOD FISHIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fishin' guy Did you hear if they were just off the north landing on the eastbay weeds or just every were on the lake. going out today sometime so so crunched for answers.

I'll put a post on results if I have any!!!

Sorry I had to work all day, and just got back a little while ago. I am not sure where they were catching them, but try what ever weeds you know of and you should get bit. Maybe with all this rain the river will come up and the eyes will be back at the creek mouths!!!!!

GOOD FISHIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did not go to madison sunday but did get time to go to german lake and got on 16" eye in the shallows in the AFTERNOON. could not belaive it was that shallow. the water temp was 77. And I was bass fishin' be nice if the creeks would come up.

Listin' to that drag

what is the height of the 7 mile/browns creek mouths now days. with all of this rain we have had lately are they coming up? If so do you think the eyes are there. Thanks!!

GOOD FISHIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haven't been to the creeks in a couple days. I don't think it was enough rain to bring them up for any amount of time. unless you were there at the perfect time it is prolly going down already.