• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

We got blasted in Scott Co.! I don't know how much yet but my creek is cookin. We need the rain but not all at once!

I finally got onto a very good White Bass bite with a few other mixed in before I was so rudley interupted! Heavy rain and hail chased me up the hill to the truck...couldn't have waited another 3 hrs!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

We're getting it now in Kato! Rain, wind, hail. frown.gif We need the rain, but leave the wind and hail, please.

------------------
Good Luck & Good Fishing. Lucky

[This message has been edited by LuckyFish (edited 05-09-2004).]

Yeah we were out on the river tonight and got hit by the weather but we just moved underneat some stuff and was warm and toasty. Not a single run all night though.

rob

Your a trooper for staying out in that stuff, Rob. grin.gif Good luck this year.

------------------

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I got another 2" and the creek down back is raging once again. Looking at the rainfall totals on the net, it looks like "upstream" got pounded again as well with some areas showing as much as 5"! The guage in Jordan has risen around 10' over the last two weeks and will continue to rise even more. I did some scouting yesterday and found all the creeks and small rivers entering the Minnesota to be chocolate in color and that was before last nights addition.

I think I'll head down towards Rapidan today and check on the Blue Earth....If nothing else, the pie will be good! smile.gif

WET NETS!

------------------

Yes, Jenny's pie was fantastic!

The amt of water coming over the Dam is depressing. One good thing about all the rain though....Its making those agates stand out! found my best one yesterday in a gravel pit. I gotta hunt for something. smile.gif

------------------

I saw a really nice one two weeks ago but didn't dare to pick it up. I was scared I'd end up with a pick box full of sex stones. grin.gif

I've picked up quit a few pounds of agates and believe me, it doesn't increase the good life at all ....just a little more callous skin is about it smile.gif

I actually found a creek with clean clear water in it. There were fish feeding but I couldn't stay. The Carp and minnows were thick in the shallow end above the mix. Hopefully I can get back there this week and bring some hardware.

------------------

Yep, there are a few creeks that are still running clear. I would actually like to see that creek dirty up just a little bit so I could fish it a little easier without spooking the fish. It was a tad bit dirtier yesterday than it was on Thursday.

The river in kato isn't really too high, but the flowage is pretty fast. The best catfishing I have had on that stretch has always been when the rivers were up between 10 and 13 feet range. I think we all got soo used to it being severely low that we are now acting like metro drivers and how they act every year when the first snow falls.

The gauge at Jordan shows 19.5ft and rising!!!

I was out Fri PM 4 days ago when it was at 14.5ft and I thought THAT was nuts!

Whoever's still doing the rain dance... STOP!

PJ

I was with Perch Jerker and I thought the water was really high then as well and have to agree, please stop doing the raindance.

anybody know or remember how high it gets before they close the crossing at cr9. I know it hasn't been an issue since the new bridge, but just curious as I travel it daily.

Yep got rain alright! Here is a shot of the Rapidan Dam taken this afternoon.

Well for some reason that didn't turn out! I'm new to posting pics, so I'll have to go back to the drawing board. grin.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by LuckyFish (edited 06-01-2004).]

[This message has been edited by LuckyFish (edited 06-01-2004).]

[This message has been edited by LuckyFish (edited 06-02-2004).]

Ya like WOW!!!
We asked for it!Here it is....right in our faces.

It could provide for some interesting fishing though....
Dark, if your in the neighborhood....I'd love to go for a walk. smile.gif

I shoulda took a picture of that pie!

Hey Fish, I'll call ya.

------------------

Won't be long and I can launch my barge from the Blakley access, thats the one that when the river floods and crosses the road. haha

------------------
Puff-Puff-Pass

Thanks for putting the pics up so every can see em dtro. smile.gif

Dark I definatly had the pie! My favorite banana cream, mama had the choc carmel pecan. Yum Yum

------------------

[This message has been edited by LuckyFish (edited 06-02-2004).]

Lucky, no prob. In the future all you need to do is put your link between these:

YOURLINK

2 3/4" and counting...Oh Yippie!

------------------

Yep - HERE WE GO AGAIN frown.gif Kato had 5-9 inches I heard. And something similar to the west around New Ulm. The kato stretch rose 3 feet again since midnight.

Yep! 7.5 in the rain gauge this morning and it is still raining. frown.gif

------------------

I had 2.6 from last night in the gauge, and it is supposed to rain for the next few days. "new ulm"

I had 2.6 from last night in the gauge, and it is supposed to rain for the next few days. "new ulm"

3.2" in Courtland. Wow is the river going to flowing now or what!

------------------
And keep those hooks sharp!