• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I tried the river yesterday and today. Yesterday I fished at Sibley park and caught two walleyes and about 8 small cats. Today I went to St. Peter and I caught a sheepheed, and a dandy white bass, and missed another fish that was pretty decent. Overall today was slower, but on the bright side I didn't get skunked! Are there any other places(Mankato & St.Peter area)that would produce some bigger cats (1-3lbs)now, or is it still too early. Also are any of these spots good for nice cats later in the year? Thanks to any help!!!!!
GOOD FISHIN!!!!!!!!!

I've been fishing around St Peter and have found no White Bass. I find a lot of Walleyes but no White Bass.
Can you help!

Fishn guy Judson bottom rd in North Kato usually produces some decent cats. I normally don't start fishing them until the weather warms a bit. Don't know if it has anything to do with the activity of the fish, but it's a whole lot nicer to fish then. grin.gif

Red_Ball I've caught all my white bass this year at Sibley Park or across the Blue Earth river at Land Of Memories Park in Mankato.

------------------
Good Luck & Good Fishing. Lucky

I have been fishing for cats around sibley park and judson bottom road. I went out three times last week (11:00p-2:00). The fishing has been slow and cold. I had to wear a stocking cap last Sunday night! I did catch one flathead, about 15 ilbs. I'm going to try fishing the St. Peter area on 169 tonight. Hopefully is starts warming up soon. good luck! mojoman

Did any one see the cover to the In-Fisherman catfish magazine. A 121.5 lb Blue catfish! WOW.
It was caught on the Tx-Ok border. He cought a 55 pounder the same day.

Red-Ball, What do you think of Infisherman Catfish magazine? I need as much info on cats as I can. Not that many free sources on the internet. I was thinking of subscribing. Thanks, Mojoman

mdzika -

buy the vidoes "catfish fever" and "a day on the river" from the in fisherman web site. The "a day on the river" is actually filmed on the MN river in recent years and if you have seen much of the MN river, you just might recognize the landing that they launch from and some of the snags that they fish smile.gif But in general, these videos really give the basics for fishing the MN and some smaller rivers such as the Blue earth and LeSeur rivers.

There are a bunch of other videos out there on catfishing...I have em all smile.gif.... but I would start with the two mentioned above instead of any magazine. I was a subscriber once, and now I just hang out at cubs and browse the magazine to see if there is anything that I see that is interesting enough before I buy it.

[This message has been edited by korn_fish (edited 05-05-2004).]

korn-fish,

Thanks a lot for the info, I will definately give the videos you mentioned a try. Thanks, Mdzika

yeah - I caught that smile.gif Oh well. When I catch bullheads I guesstimate at the length anyways so I am sure I have had a few over 7". If I remember, he said up to 8" and was a little hesitant at saying anything bigger. Dangit, now I gotta watch it again smile.gif

Best thing about bullheads is that they make a nice shorelunch when your on a weeklong float trip grin.gif

[This message has been edited by korn_fish (edited 05-05-2004).]

Korn-Fish

In the video A day on the river, Did you notice that they said they were using bullheads bigger than the legal size of Minus seven inches for bait. Just thought that was funny that they did not check the regulations first.

Hey guys, Where do you go around here to catch bullheads, and what do you use? I catch some when I fish for crappies, but they are much bigger than 7 inches. Thanks in advance. Mdzika

I beleive The In-Fisherman 2004 Guide, Catfish In-Sider is a once a year magazine.
Any information is good information. Plus it's a quick read.
I also got to see what a River Pro looks like in ther Cat Boat Roundup.
The More For Your Money, article Crawler for Cats, was good and a lot quicker then reading; Lunkers Love Nightcrawlers.

mdzika -

some of the most popular spots around mankato for bait bullies, are creeks when they are flowing good.

LeSeur river is an old standby off of hwy 66

I hit the cannon river by faribault a lot last year along with Odowds lake up in the cities and will probably be hitting those spots again this year since the spots that I caught them last year around kato don't have them there now. And I have been told that they probably wont be there since the rivers are so low and they wouldn't be migrating up the creeks to spawn.

If I drive down to kato area, I use creek chubs as my primary bait. Bullheads for a secondary bait option.

My rigging is usually a 14' crappie pole with a small float and small aberdeen hook and a small chunk of night crawler.

[This message has been edited by korn_fish (edited 05-06-2004).]