• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hi everyone, I live in Mankato and just got interested in river fishing last year. I have never caught a catfish, and would really like to catch a flathead. I went out a few times last year and once this year, and have caught nothing. I fished around sibley park and judson bottom road. Does anyone know of any spots I could try, and how to fish them? Thanks alot, mojoman

Hey mojoman welcome. The Judson bottom road has some very good spots, but you probably already know that since you've hit it already. Another area is 7 mile creek between St Peter and Mankato. I haven't caught alot of flatties myself having only started fishing them last year like yourself. What I've found with the flatheads is that they like their food alive. I go with the biggest chubs or suckers I can find. Another bait that has gained popularity lately is the bullhead, but you can only use them up to 7" after that they aren't considered bait anymore. Frogs are used by alot of guys on this site also, I've never tried them though.

------------------
Good Luck & Good Fishing. Lucky

[This message has been edited by LuckyFish (edited 04-25-2004).]

Lucky,
Thanks for replying. Where do you fish at 7 mile? I know where the big sand bar is, if that is what your talking about. Im going out on Tuesday night. I'll let you know if I catch anything . Thanks again, Mojoman