• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FishinLogician and I are about...almost...quite ready, to start pursuing our first encounter with Mrs. Flatty. Thanks to the brotherhood of FM'rs, we have most of the info we need to give it our first shot.

Here's one final question though: What do you all do with your vehicles if you are fishing overnight? We haven't been to most of the ramps, but it seems that most have parking restrictions that prohibit vehicles after 10-11pm. Solutions? We're pretty much willing to go from here to Mankato, and I'm sure we'll be workin' as much of the river as possible(can anyone say,"we don't have a RiverPro"?...Dennis?Whiskers?)thru the summer, but most of our fishing will be between here and Belle Plain.

Thanks; Look forward to "shining" you out there one of these nights.

------------------
SERIOUSLY! It was THIS big!

Brotherhood of Catfishermen,,,Hey thats kinda catchy! Oh wait, Those ZZ TOP wannabes already took that one smile.gif

Hey Buz, I don't believe we've met...Looks like we might. Don't worry about parking all night. I've never heard of any problems with a truck and trailer sitting all night at any public ramps on the river...at least not yet. Most of the areas I wouldn't worry about any vandalism either.

WET NETS! smile.gif

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

I have left my truck/trailer overnight at all of the public landings on the MN from Shakopee to Granite Falls and never had any issues with the "no overnight parking/camping" rules.

No issues with vandalism/break in's either and have heard of only a few that happened years ago.

I've seen CO's, sherrifs, and local peace officers visit most of these landings throughout the night.

Hey Buz
I have never heard of any problems leaving a vehicle at the public launches upstream of and including Shakopee.I don't know about the 35W access or Cedar for that matter.
If you decide to go out of an access upstream of Chaska you will have a lot of difficulty getting around with a 17ft boat with a prop.Water levels are still very low at this time.Best bet would be to launch at Shakopee and head downtream.Still take it slow though because there are some shallow runs in that stretch as well.
I am not trying to scare you off my "turf" smile.gif.I would just hate to have to rescue you guys.Kind of cuts into my fishing time. smile.gif
Shoot me an email and I can help you out a little.

------------------
Minnesota River Guided Fishing
www.mnriverguidedfishing.com
[email protected]
NPAA #863

Perfect!

korn, DARK, and Dennis. You guys(among others) I want to fish with.

Hey Dennis...what if it's a 16ft. boat with a prop wink.gif.

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking forward to meeting up with you guys out on da river.

Hey Dennis, what kind of beverage should I have in the cooler in case we need rescuing?

Yeah DARK, I kinda "borrowed" the "brotherhood" thing...but it just felt so right....

------------------
SERIOUSLY! It was THIS big!

[This message has been edited by buzbunni (edited 04-22-2004).]

I've parked at the 35W ramp and been out until 2am with no problems...it is however the only ramp I actually worry about something happening to the truck and trailer while I'm on the river. I've seen the local police in the Shokopee landing more than once when I've gotten back in the wee hours so I'm sure they patrol it regularly. Most of my fishing is done from the Shokoppee landing and upstream. There's a lot of river out there to explore, I'm sure you'll have a blast doing it and when you do get that big flatty in the boat take some pics so we can all see her. I'm looking forward to seeing you on the river.

Be careful with the 16' boat as well. I know the river well and I am having a hard time navigating with my 14' jonboat! I would not even consider taking my 16' out there right now. When it comes up a few feet, have at er! Hate to see another persons prop or worst yet lower unit get wrecked! Just my 2 cents!!

Rainman