• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Milly Mud

eye

Has anyone ventured out to the mud yet? I realize it's early yet, but I just thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks

I haven't this year yet but I have this early in the past and landed some of my biggest fish. Try shiners if you venture out there.

Last Tuesday was nice and calm on the lake so we headed out to explore some flats. Found some active fish and caught 7 in a couple of hours with leeches on a long snell. We had a 24" , 26 1/2" and a 27" to highlight the afternoon. Did not go back out there the rest of the week because we had a good bite going closer to shore.

Dinasaur,

How exactly were you fishing the mud? Lindy rigs? Do you work the edges, drift over the top of the flats?

We were working a small flat and using a slip sinker rig. Because of the calm conditions we were able to use the bow mount and slowly work the whole flat moving across the top from deep water. Got a few from the edges and a couple on the top.