• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anybody doing any good at Lac Que Parle?

Has anybody been to LQP and did any good? I have tried to get over there but had to finish my fall chores around the house. Let me know if anything is going on. Fishhead, is the dam by Granite Falls the one east of the old NSP plant?
Thanks, Ode

Ode
Yes that is the one,along CR 40.I did not walk down to take a good look at it,but it looked good from the road.Any dam this time of year I would think would be pretty good.Have you fished it and did you do any good?
I did fish LQP last weekend,lots of little ones still.I did not have to play bumper boats though.at noon there were only2 boats out there.I think Dark 30 and I may head out there again this weekend.At least there is some action unlike near the cities right now.

I have heard things haven't got hot over at LQP yet. Sometimes it is quite late in the year before that happens. Yes I have fished that stretch of river by Granite. There used to be a resort down there called Pete's Point. There may be fishing down there yet, but I haven't been there in many years. I grew up in Sacred Heart, east of Granite. I hope to get up to LQP again. I have been fixing deer stands lately. The flood really raised hell with them. Have a great day!!!!!

Saw a lot of boats today at the Milan bridge while Dark and I were checking out the entire LQP area.We didn't bother to stop and see if they were getting any decent fish.Talked to a guy yesterday at the Marsh Lake dam who said they were still small.I think the rest of the area is a little slow.Got some fish at Marsh lake dam on friday,16 to 19" with a 24" in the mix.

Fishhead,
Are you guys fishing from shore at Marsh lake? Is there a lot of people fishing there?

Hi Ode
Yes we were fishing from shore.We thought about taking the boat up there but I thought if there were a few people there the daredevils would come out and start "accidentally" hitting the boat.I fished both sides over the two days that I went out there and noticed that if you want larger fish try the North east side(at the park)if you want more fish but eater size fish the other side.There were maybee a half dozen to a dozen people there on both sides.but it seems they come and go so if you stick it out a while you can get a decent spot.Also most fish were coming from the channels along both sides where the cemented in rocks end and along the spillway edge.All my fish came from my old faithful"yellow/orange jig with a 4"power grub and no bait",but I didn't do any better or worse than any one else using jigs.
If you head over there good luck and let us know how you do.

• 2 weeks later...

How are things going out here?Looks like I may get busy at work for the next couple weeks but it would be nice to know what I am missing so I really have something to grumble about! smile.gif