• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I DID SOME SCOUTING TODAY DOWN SOUTH OF MANKATO ON A TRIBUTARY TO THE MINNESOTA. ALONG WITH A BUNCH OF COOL ROCKS FOR THE ROCK POLISHER, I ACTUALLY CAUGHT SOME FINS! TWO WALLEYES (ONE NICE ONE),A 17" SMALLIE, AND A COUPLE OF WHITE BASS.
THE BLUE EARTH RIVER IS A BEAUTY! REAL LOW BUT VERY FISHABLE HOLES. THE FALL COLORS ARE REALLY GETTING THERE TOO. I WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE TONIGHT AT TWILIGHT! BEEN A WHILE SINCE THE SHAD RAP SAW ANY ACTION!
WET NETS!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Well I had a good time messing around on the MN on the way to the Blue Earth today.It was a beutiful day to be out fishing.We fished several spots that just looked great.Its too bad that the walleyes didn't cooperate.Although we did see a few very small ones.I am sure if we had fished the evening bite we would have seen a few more.And if Dark 30 could have lifted his head up from looking for rocks I am sure he would have caught a few more.Thanks Dark for showing me around your favorite spots.

YOUR WELCOME FISH! LIKE I SAID, I'LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE ST.PETER AREA ON TUESDAY WHEN I GIVE UP THE FIFTY CLAMS FOR THE GUIDE. SOUNDS LIKE HE REALLY KNOWS HIS STUFF AND HAS A REAL PASSION FOR THE RIVER.
TODAY MY WIFE TURNS 40! I CAN CALL HER MY "OLD LADY" UNTIL NOVEMBER WHEN I BECOME OLD TOO! NEEDLESS TO SAY...I WON'T BE FISHING TODAY.
WET NETS!

------------------

Hey! I'd like to explore that river a little more myself. Very scenic, especially this time of year. I've fished the Blue Earth near the Rapidan Dam and the Watonwan River. I was catching mostly cats and some sheepshead & carp. Tried the dam with cranks a little bit and missed a few fish. Didn't do it enough though. I was too set on catfishing. I did see the locals catching walleyes below the dam. Next time. Vern

WELL IT WAS A TOUGH BITE TODAY IN ST.PETER BUT MY GUIDE JIM DID CATCH ONE NICE WALLEYE AND A FEW SHEEPS AND WHITES. I DIDN'T CATCH ANY.....NOW I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL FISH! I DID LEARN SOME TRICKS AND THE AREA IN GENERAL IS REAL GOOD. I'LL BE BACK WHEN THE TEMPS DROP AND THEY START BITING BETTER.
AFTER THE RAIN CHASED US OFF, I WENT DOWN TO MANKATO TO THE BLUE EARTH INLET TO THE MINNESOTA AND BANG BANG BANG....WHITE BASS BIG TIME RIGHT AT DARK BUT STILL NO EYES....YET.
WET NETS!

------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Dark I just read your post about fishing with Jim, would that be Jim Abbot (Bobber)?
If so I know him well. He spends almost every day on the water (Does not ice fish).I fished with him down at Red Wing in the spring a few times the last couple of years, and I never out fished him!! He is also in the fantasy football league that I am in.He really does know how to find the eyes.
Hows fishing been? I have not been out since hunting season started.(got a Small bear up near Deerwood)
I can't wait for ice fishing we are building a new fish house.
Have you tried fishing by the old sibley park dam

Hubcat

HI HUBCAT!
YES THAT WOULD MR. BOBBER ALRIGHT. I GOT HIS NUMBER AT THE DAM STORE IN RAPIDAN. HES A A#1 NICE GUY AND HE KNOWS HIS STUFF BUT THE RIVER IS A LITTLE OFF RIGHT NOW. I SAW SOME OF HIS PICS...LOTS OF NICE RIVER EYES! I HAVE BEEN FISHING DOWN BELOW THE OLD DAM IN THE PARK OFF AND ON BUT NOT MANY WALLEYES. THERE ARE SOME HUNGRY WHITE BASS AROUND THERE THOUGH!
CONGRATS ON THE BEAR! WHERE ARE YA PUTTIN YOUR SHACK THIS YEAR?
WET NETS!

------------------

I live on lake washinton so we will probably put it in bakers bay. We did real good on the crappies last year but not many no eyes.