• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Royce Aardahl

Dirty Dog does it again

Royce Aardahl

My good friend Steve ( who I call Dirty Dog), got another dandy today. We decided to try to get an eye or 2 for the fry pan and hit an old smally spot north of Sartell a ways first. First cast, BAM! 20 1/4 incher. AWESOME, HEAVY fish! (The dirty dog!) wink.gif All in all a fun evening with 6 smallie, 2 keeper eyes and a couple crappies. Then about sundown I look to the front of the boat and there's a doe swimming across the river. A bit more current and we could have netted her! BAd picture but you can kinda see her.

47b4ce30b3127ccea834337921240000001610

47b4ce30b3127ccea83432fce0090000001610

[This message has been edited by eyeguy54 (edited 10-11-2004).]

Mark Christianson

Lemme guess......

Senko?
Nice fish. Will I ever get a 20 incher???
Wait!!!!
I just remembered. I got this pig recently? How could I forget?

47b4ce30b3127ccea831837d80050000001610

BigMike

BLB - I think you forgot one little detail in your picture... here, let me help you with that.

47b4ce33b3127ccea83cdd9208660000001610

EBass

Nice fish Dirty dog. BLB you should put you pic on Brandon's fish. That way it's in the same family at least.

LOL That's hilarious BM!

Royce Aardahl

BM can you recommend a therapy class for blb please. He needs some serious help!

Mark Christianson

The 20 incher Therapy Club can fix a lot!!!

smile.gif

Eyeguy
What did the pig hit? Senko or Mepps?

BM
I still have half of one tooth man. :P

BigMike

Looks like BLB might need to get those teeth looked at first cool.gif

Royce Aardahl

The pig fell for a Cordell Wally Diver.

BigMike

Cranks are working pretty well right now, well at least better than some presentations that were hotter this summer. I think water clarity has something to do with that though. This summer, the water was really clear, it's been murky for the last 4-5 weeks and cranks offer a loud vibrating presentation that they can hone in on. Tubes worked fairly well for me on the last two outings. Tubes can make noise too, either with rattles or my perfered method, pinched bullshot. The bullshot weight makes clicking noises when it hits the rocks.

Congrats on the big fish Eyeguy & Dirty Dog. That deer picture is kinda freaky - glowing eyes & all...

Royce Aardahl

thanks BM, we managed 2 over 18 yesturday. then went for eyes and the fish bit but all small. crappies are really getting active. the glowing eyes are from the flash on the camera.

BigMike

EG - I figured the glowing eyes were from weird effect caused by the power plants on the 'sippi. LOL. J/K. Still looks freak though!

river rat316

We caught all our fish on cranks this weekend I think the reason for that is that as the water temps get colder crawfish molt less making them less inviting to smallies so there food base turns more towards baitfish then the craws and the bugs that they gorge themselves on all summer long I might be wrong bout this but its my 2 cents anyway

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• eyeguy 54
      Pulled it up front and went to work on it. Silicone lubed everywhere.  Quite a task taking the steel cover off underneath that protects the main drive but got er done. Zips right up and down with the attachment I got for the drill. Nice!
    • mdogdaddy
      I found a very handy app for this. It's called onX Hunt Maps.  (I'm just a user) It's primarily designed for hunters that want to know where state/federal vs private lands are.  To see property lines etc. you need the paid (premium) version. The free version comes with a trial of the premium version for 7 days. But even the free version does quite a bit. It's pretty interesting for Vermilion because there is so much of each - private and state/federal lands. You can click on each parcel and it will even give the acreage, landowner names and tax address.  If I pull up to shore, I really want to know that I'm not trespassing. GPS works along with markers/waypoints. Maps can be stored for offline use so you  can use it without phone service or wifi. The free version comes with a trial of the premium version for 7 days. I added a zoomed out screen grab.
    • eyeguy 54
      cool, time for a short hike after lunch.  
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Starting a new thread for 2018 Pike River Hatchery progress. No new news today. Cliff
    • Getanet
      Don't mean to pick a scab here, but the mods have asked for more engagement from members, so I'm trying. I've never been up to VNP, but am looking at camping on KAB in early June. Would be heading up from the Twin Cities. Neither my buddy or I have been up there before, and we would not be going if we didn't know ahead of time we had a campsite reserved.  Without that assurance we would just stay at one of our families cabins in the Brainerd Lakes area instead.    
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      The Pike River is almost wide open today! It will not be long now before they start the walleye netting! Cliff
    • AlwaysFishing23
      If I were you I’d run only what the manufacturer recommends. If it’s a Suzuki brand lube I’d only use that. For peace of mind and if anything were to happen you can say your were running the recomnded fluids. Also your local dealer should have everything you would need and can help you out if you have any questions. Not sure about the other fluids you mentioned but that’s what I would do if I were you. Good luck
    • huntnfish
      I am new to the 4 stroke world and need to change the fluids in my 05 Suzuki 115 four stroke. What does everyone use for oil, filter, and lube? I was planning on using Mobil 1 or Amsoil 10-40 for the engine oil and the Lucas 90w gear oil for the lower unit. I don't know what filter to get. I know Fram has a filter that fits the motor. I run synthetic oil in my vehicles along with the filters designed for synthetic. I change my own oil and figure the peace of mind is worth the extra few bucks. Any opinions? 
    • Getanet
      Hi Guys - believe it or not I just realized there are all these great boat-in camping opportunities on Kab and other lakes. My buddy and I are looking at reserving a site in early June, and since we're so late to the game our options are fairly limited. I've read through this thread to get a little idea of what's what on Kab, and none of the ones mentioned are currently available the weekends we're looking at going . But it's good to know Moxie island is about 2 miles from the Visitor Center, which gives me a frame of reference for how far some of the other sites are. The ones that are available tend to be open a lot - and I'm not sure if it's because of their location or quality of the site. For what it's worth it would be 2 guys, using my buddies 17 ft boat, and ideally going after walleye. Are any of these sites ones you wouldn't send your worst enemy to? Cutover Island South K6
      Northland K24 - (this one is hardly ever booked)
      Windigo K35
      LaBounty's PT K14
      Grassy Island K9
      Peterson PT K25 (realize it would be better to use the Ash River launch for this location)
    • Rick G
      Pretty sure mine will be ready by the time the ice comes off our area lakes.... untill then, I hear the suckers are already starting to run