• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

9-11-12- report???

smallie_hawgin

Fine, I am making my own Smallie Magnet Jr trophy.

grin.gif

New rule in affect today.
5.6.3.1b
Biglakeba$$ is in permanent possession of the Smallie Magnet Jr trophy.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Christianson

• Royce Aardahl

• BigMike

• HawgTide

Wheres this next gathering at? We really should do one in Otsego sometime since its my home waters! (only way I'll ever get to be smallie magnet)

BM, it looks like it's me and you Saturday. EB, are you heading up river too?

RR, I don't know if there's a gathering planned, but I'll be up for it if there's enough interest.

[This message has been edited by HawgTide (edited 09-15-2004).]

Rule 5.4.3.7

If BLB is not a part of the fishing on the river, the smallie magnet is on hold until BLB is present. The trophy is actually held in possession of BLB until he is able to attend.
8x10 glossies of BLB holding the SMT will be available for a small fee.

PS - I am currently working a transaction for my own river rig. tongue.gif
Well, big hopes at this point.

BLB is ready to really put on a show. Think I aint?
Although, it may be a show of me demonstrating how aluminum boats, and props do not have the ability to cut through boulders.
Oh well, at least it wont be my Crestliner taking the abuse if I can work out a deal. smile.gif
Watch out 21 incher. Here comes BLB!!!

Geese BLB!!! Talking third person... making this guy nervous. Or maybe it's like Bob Dole??????

Eyeguy: Got the package thanks. That was completely unecessary. But thanks for the cool colors.
Rule 5.4.3.2.1 LOL.

Geese what SH?
I have not even hunted geese yet this year.
Geez!

Come to think of it, SH is in the middle of this whole river rig deal. Leave it to him.
His real motives are to get the TRUE smallie magnet out of his boat.
I C How U R SH!

WOW! I feel real lucky. You guys are too nice. Well most of you anyway shocked.gif I like the idea... traveling trophy for any river smallie over 20.... let BLB whine a bit. He has caught many a fish in the back of my boat as well as HT's... So he should have no complaints..... Right BLB???
Seriously though, 20 is a good goal based on the population dynamics at this point. There are a good number of 19-19.75 inch fish at this point in the river between St. Cloud and Coon Rapids, so if everyone gets a smallie magnet for one of these it would move around a lot. Course, I can say this, thanks to all of your collective generosity grin.gif
The opportunity to catch the elusive 21 is at hand soon. Fall is by far the best time to catch the largest fish of your life... Best part is even if you wanted to, the fish has to go back as of this past weekend. I like that!

Fear the bunni....be afraid, be very afraid smile.gif.

I'm working on the possibility of joining the fray. If I do, do you just want to mail the trophy to my house in advance? That way it will be at home when I'm done. I will be contacting the FishinLogician as well.

------------------
SERIOUSLY! It was THIS big!

I love signing on first thing in the morning and reading your guys' posts, they crack me up!

HT - You've got mail. I'll see you on Saturday.

BLB - you are starting to sound like Yoda! It's starting to freak me out a little. LOL! Do we need to remind you that your son caught a 21incher, not you! D'OH! cool.gif

Buz - if you come up I figure you guys will probably be wading. Maybe Logician, riverrat and you could team and find the smallies up there. Shoot me an email and we'll chat. Good to see you back in action on the north-sippi smile.gif!

Looks like I better make some more data sheets - we might have a last minute gathering on our hands...

------------------
Mike
TJ Tackle Pro-Staff

HT, and BM. I'm pretty sure I'll be there with my buddy Rob (someone has to drive the 80 mile round trip smile.gif)

No float trip though. I'll have to go up as far as I can. If you see me drifting in circles with no skag - please lend a hand! LOL

EB, you should be able to get up river with no problem with the river being up. (That's assuming you avoid the boulders and stay in the deepest part smile.gif) We'll keep an eye out for you.

No need to remind me BM.

I am put in my place. I'll just think about you guys this weekend. confused.gif

The river is up nice!! You are going to have a blast!! I'd take the trophy back from smallie-hawgin but I gotta go kill some clay pigeons. I'll be thinking of all you suckers out there in my back yard eveytime I pull the trigger. grin.gif

Sheesh, that sounded kinda threatening eyeguy, now if it was directed specifically towards BLB then I'd understand. rolleyes.gif

We'll keep the smallies entertained while you hunters get the stand ready, practice shooting, russle up some grouse or cows, or whatever you do. wink.gif

BLB takes that personally EBass.

Sheesh. Youre the newbie to our "clan", and now you talk trash.

Double Sheesh!

Hey eyedude
We may want to take a little vote.
Since the smallie magnet is for fish 20 inches and over, we may need to remove your name from the trophy since you won it with a sub 20 inch fish.

cool.gif

Wake up and smell the fish slime BLB. wink.gif 20 inches is between get togethers, biggest fish caught at get togethers no matter what gets the title. (that gives you a better chance cuz the biggest might be the 14 incher you get). BM maybe needs to explain it to you again. grin.gif I coulda kept the title till next year but I just couldn't see holding it that long with all you guys wanting it so bad. I know some of you would probably even have nightmares about it and I didn't want that on my conscience. smile.gif

OOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I missed that rule. Or is that one you just made up?

{*;*} eyeguy says me gets to make all the rules. and I get to change them at any moment. JK now get back to work so you can pay for that new boat you are dreaming about!

BM says I get to edit any post I want to make it say what I want... grin.gif Just kidding!

I'm looking forward to getting out with Hawgtide & seeing Ebass & crew up there tomorrow (as well as any other FM'ers that want to meet).

How much did the river come up? I wish they had a flow meter in monti...

------------------
Mike
TJ Tackle Pro-Staff

The flow charts from St Cloud will tell the story of the general flows to Monti.
If St Cloud is raging, Monti will be raging.

I'd wish you guys luck, but I wont be there.

grin.gif

it's up almost 2 feet here. are you fishing up this way or by monti? I thought you were gonna be up this way. (hence the back yard comment earlier)

[This message has been edited by eyeguy54 (edited 09-17-2004).]

To give some of you perspective, the discharge in St. Cloud back on August 28th when we had our smallie magnet gathering was at 1500 cubic ft/sec. Today's most current reading is 4970 cubic ft/sec. The gauge height on 8/28 was 4.01 today it is 5.01 and rising. The river is really up!

It might be a tough day fishing tomorrow (eyeguy, we are hitting monti). But then again, with the sunny day being predicted, we may have great success!

------------------
Mike
TJ Tackle Pro-Staff

Well, the bunni is out(family obligations. isn't fishing an obligation?), and the Logician is out-of-town.

Boo-hoo frown.gif. I was so looking forward to the new hardware on my mantle. I'll get to fish with you yet EB!

Have a great time everybody!

BigMike(y): I forgot to put you in my address book. Do you still have my e-mail? Pop me a note so's I can re-up.

------------------
SERIOUSLY! It was THIS big!

Buz - I'm one step ahead of you - I shot you an email earlier this morning. cool.gif

Bummer you can't make it, I guess I'll just have to catch the 20+ incher and take the smallie magnet title for the winter grin.gif

------------------
Mike
TJ Tackle Pro-Staff

Next time Buz or maybe pool 2. I haven't been there in while, well Hidden falls any ways.

Do Non-FMers get the title to? My buddy Rob will be in the back of the boat and he's a good fishermen.

Any ways BM, you'll compete with HT, Rob and myself, and I'll see if I can get a digi.

Don't try too hard guys.... I am liking this title grin.gif!!! I'll be in ND trying to stick a deer, hopefully with as much success as eyeguy. There, he has definetly got me beat!! Nice work!
I predict the smallie magnet ownership will stand through the weekend. I'll just be thinkin about you guys patiently waiting for the outcome. Seriously, good luck guys and have fun. Catch a big one or few for me!!! Later

good luck out there smalliehawgin. stick a big one! I'm heading for the river in 30 minutes to look for the big 20. So BM what's the final rule on the mini tourney minimum size to take the title????????
1. 20 or over takes it
2. 18 or over takes it
3. Biggest of the day takes it
FM guys only I would think.
Gotta have a least 4 guys in mini tourney?

[This message has been edited by eyeguy54 (edited 09-17-2004).]