• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FM'ers fishing the Anoka and/or Rivers Edge tourney

Mark Christianson

Let's see. I'll wear my FM cap.

BLB - your name is Mark, right?

OK Hawgtied....
Where the heck were you tonight???
I was looking for a southerner, and I couldn't tell you from all the locals in Anoka.

hey guys I have the stickers completed and will be starting to send orders on 7/26. I am sending Paul a pic tomorrow so they can be available on the website.

I will be fishing the St. Steven Tourney for the second year now I hope to meet some of you there good luck!

oh ya how do I order a decal I went to the clothing site mabe I just didn't see it but I would like one.

• 2 weeks later...

So how did the tournament turn out?

------------------
------------------
GET-ER-DONE

Can't remember the names of who won the tournament. I know that Kevin Turner won big bass and 5th place. Ray E. and his partner were around 10-12th place and Riverwader and I came in 14th place. It was a good time.

You needed the smallie magnet in your boat. Watch out for me next year grin.gif... now the only problem is, I need a boat wink.gif LOL

Ray,
You guys did great!!!!

Man, I am still waking up in cold sweats from our lack of performance.

BLB, we're just glad you didn't have Brandon as your partner, we wouldn't have had a chance! smile.gif

BigMike, we're waiting for the Smallie Magnet tournament to get started. When are you guys coming up to Monti?

Thanks, BLB.

We really didn't do our homework as well as we should have for a variety of reasons. So, that's where the disappointment originates.

But, 10 years from now, if I can say the worst we ever finished was 9th, I'll be pretty happy. So, on to the River's Edge event. Umm, we haven't even fished that stretch of river this year. I guess we should keep our expectations down.

------------------
Ray Esboldt

Catch-N Tackle
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Awesome fish !!! Big congrats to your son!! I'm still after my first 20 also. My son got his first 19 on memorial day so I'm only 1/2 inch ahead of him smile.gif one 19 1/2 last year and one so far this year.

Sorry that I short-changed you Ray, smile.gif I just knew you had less than a pound more than us so I thought that put you in the 10-12 range. It was really bunched up between 15th and 6th place. I lost some good fish early in the day due to a slower gear ratio reel that is no longer in my boat. I can only wonder, what if...

Any catfish being taken out of the Anoka area? About where and what are you using?

e-mail me if you would like to share privately...

[email protected]

------------------
------------------
GET-ER-DONE

Well another tournament has come and gone and it was a great time. I really couldn't enjoy much of the post tourney festivities because my Dad wasn't feeling well. (It would have helped had we done better fishing). We were obviously in the wrong frame of mind. We kept catching Musky's and Northern's instead of Smallies. Too bad it wasn't a Musky tournament! BLB is going to post the photo's of the musky's for me.

Awesome day fishing.
We got 11th with 13.51 lbs. We had one dead fish, for a 4 oz deduction. We would have been in 8th without that. Dang it.
One of the best days fishing I have ever had on the river, and what perfect timing.
I have no pictures at all of our fish, because we were in too much hurry to get back fishing. I lost a dandy muskie near the spot where Hawg caught his.

Here is Hawg with his muskie:

47b4d622b3127cceb3d80d1e0e340000001610

Here is Hawgs Dad with his muskie:
47b4d622b3127cceb3d80d180e320000001610

What did everyone have their best luck on for the tourney. We ended up with 10.02 pounds and had our best luck on white tube jigs and plastic craws rigged Texas style. Only 1 fish on top water, couldn't get anything on a buzz bait.

Biglakeba$$

Looks like your running a River Pro, that would have helped with the low water this year. My dad and I still managed to do pretty well. We took 3rd with 14.60 lbs. It was a good day for us.

By the way how do you like your boat? I’m starting to think that might be the next big investment after the wife’s car is paid off.

No RiverPro here. We had the "RiverAmateur".
16 ft flat bottom with at 40 hp outboard jetdrive.
Man, nice bag to finish 3rd.
Just one more nice fish and we may have been able to compete with the big scores. wink.gif
Great day for sure. I can't complain.

Nice finish BLB! Nice fish HT!

I've probably fished 100 tournaments (mostly of the club variety) over the last 15 years, and I had a "first" on Sunday. My partner and I pulled a "L&L".
That would be a "Load and Leave". We had lost 8 decent fish in a row, ran out of Powerade, ran out of spots, and ran out of patience, so we put it on the trailer at 2:30. I've never done that before. I didn't like it.

------------------
Ray Esboldt

Catch-N Tackle
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Were those muskies caught on the Mississippi near Anoka? I have heard of people fishing for them, but I was always skeptical. Those were some really nice fish. Great Job!!!