• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FM'ers fishing the Anoka and/or Rivers Edge tourney

Mark Christianson

I am just curious what FM'ers are fishing either or both of these tournies this summer.
I am in both, so I would love to meet some people to put some faces to the names.
I know Hawgtide is in both of them, so I have one guy to try and find.

I heard some time ago, that there was a tourney in Anoka again in August some time. Is there any truth in this?? I can't seem to locate info on it.

Ooops
My bad.....
I also know the famous KT will be in both as well...................
But I know who he is, and I bet he remembers my son. Good old KT autographed a crankbait for my son after his Rivers Edge victory last year. My son still has it hanging in his room with pride.

PS - Thanks again KT. My son was beside himself to have a "professional fisherman" autograph a lure for him. wink.gif
You made his day!

The Ranger was near the first island south of Dayton. Don't know if he went any further North. I guess he has Progressive Insurance.

I wish I was fishing in this tourney (or two). I could put the smallie magnet powers to the test!

Oh well, maybe next year - we've always got the smallie magnet tourney this year and we all know who will win that wink.gif.

i'll be at the st.stephen tourny. last year was my first one of them.

When is the Anoka Tourney again? And where is the weigh-in station? If I remember correctly it's on a Sunday and I wanted to get up there just to check out the action. No way am I ready to actually be in the tourney, nor can I afford it at this time.

The Anoka tourney is July 10th.

I am not sure where the weigh in is yet. At the meeting a couple months ago, there was talk about having the weighin at the docks below the police station possibly.

I wondered that too. I also wonder how many RiverPro's are going to be shooting up the river ahead of me. I saw a Ranger almost all the way to Dayton last weekend! I couldn't believe someone would take a Ranger up there. I'll bet there won't be any up there in Mid July!

There is a channel to easily get into the Dayton area, even if water seems low.
Now, how far you get up into Dayton is another story.

Where were they? Passed where the power lines cross the river near the boulder field? You can sneak past that if you are careful, but if they were past the small rapids area where the river splits around a couple islands, and the main channel necks down a lot; then they were in troubled waters.

Is the river really navigable in that area? There's a lot of rocks just below the dam. I guess the water level gets deep quickly?

You can get up to the dam easily in the Rum.
They have a channel marked with buoys.

Maybe someone will wear that jacket they stole from me! wink.gif

You'll be able to recognize me by my uncommonly good looks, or my beer gut, either way. smile.gif How often do you hear those two in the same sentence?

HT

Are we related? Could you be my long lost twin?

What are your real names? (Except Ray. Its kind of obvious)
My name is Mark. Its a little easier to ask people if they are "Mark", than to walk around and tap everyone on the shoulder and ask if they are "BLB". I think we will get some funny looks.

My real name is smalllakeba$$. You must be my long lost brother!

It's more fun when you have to ask everyone if they are "HawgTide"! That should get some interesting answers.

I'm fishing both of them! Can't wait. These are the only two money tournaments I'll fish this year. Fun times.

We (the FMers) should work out an attire system to identify each other at the Anoka dinner. I don't know, a certain hat or something, blue shirt, whatever.

Should we have a side bet, or just bragging rights to this forum?

------------------
Ray Esboldt

Catch-N Tackle
MarCum
Stone Legacy

We could hang Pop-R's from our left ears.
Or I could wear a white Hanes T-shirt with Biglakeba$$ written in one of those fatty permanent markers.
smile.gif

**** , I can't come up with anything logical.

I'll be fishing the Rivers Edge tourney or the St. Stephens Lions Club whatever you want to call it. It should be a lot of fun. I usually fish near Little Falls so it will be interesting fishing further south.

I will be fishing the rivers edge tourney once again this year. Second annual event for myself and my buddie. We fish the river quite a bit and fishing in a tournament atmosphere is just a cool thing to experience. We are by no means professional bass fisherman but, it all depends on the fish so maybe we will get lucky this year. GOod luck to all!

The Friday July 9th dinner/rules meeting is at 7pm for the Anoka tourny.

They said from 6-7pm is social hour.

Thanks BLB.

Anyone bringing their Wife and/or Girlfriend? Or is this just for us fishermen? One could always use a designated driver for these events.

I thought the flyer stated the social hour was from 5:30 to 6:30 with dinner at 6:30.

I have to skip everything but the social hour. It's my wife's birthday. Nice timing, honey, LOL. Can someone wrap my dinner up and bring it to me on Saturday morning. smile.gif

------------------
Ray Esboldt

Catch-N Tackle
MarCum
Stone Legacy

BigLake is trying to make us miss it! More for him.

Hey BLB, I forgot to remind you that the tournament was moved to Sunday. I'll see you Sunday morning!

Ray, I'll get your portion and try to remember to save it for you. smile.gif

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!
I called the Legion, and after being transferred to 3 people, that is the answer I got.
Well, I will be there at 6, so if I miss half of the alleged happy hour, I can live with it.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Keep an eye on

http://fmLogo.com

rtwills is making some FM decals and he'll let us know in the open water froum 1st, then at the fmLogo site.

Are you suggesting that we should wear some donated FM gear to identify each other????

Your post isn't real clear....

Hey guys, I am working on the Fishing mn decals and should have some ready by end of next week.As soon as I have them ready I will have Paul post on http://fmlogo.com/ where you can order from there.I am currently working on a web site for custom orders such as boat logos, and rear truck window shades.We also do custom screenprinting if you are in the need of shirts,hats ,etc. for that special gathering or tourney. My E-mail is [email protected]

------------------
If people weren't supposed to eat animals.

why are they made out of meat??

See you fellers tonight.

I will have a blue hat with a tan bill on it.
It says Partners for Fish and Wildlife.
I am pretty sure I will be the only one with that hat.