• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Last years opener results

andy j

I have never fished mille lacs for the opener. I keep hearing everyone say that they catching a ton of fish. Give me a idea of how many fish you caught on a average trip and in how many hours. Leeches seem to be the best bait?

It depends on the wind. Last year we got most of our fish bobber fishing from sundown till 3am. I know we would have got some drifting the sand off Big Point during the day if we had wind. Leeches are your best bet. We averaged about 20-25 fish every night. The trick this year is catching fish in that **** slot. I hope this helps.
-BPB

B.P.B.
Thanks for the info. what depths for slip-bobbers after dark? AJ

We went week and a half after opener and had really good luck from 5-9:30pm with the slip bobbers. Caught 50 walleyes in 4 hours! Can't beat that. Leeches were the all-around best, but I was outfishing the other guy 3-1 with crawlers until it got really dark. Good luck.

Catching slot fish is the trick to what? You cant have fun catching and releasing 20" plus walleyes all day long?

What I ment by the "trick" was getting your limit of slot fish. I agree that it is fun to catch big fish and release them, but I also like to eat them. I can't justify driving 150 miles to pet big fish and relesase them. Thats just my opinion.