• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

When NOT to fish.....

Aquaman01

So....
Last night I hit the river at Peninsula Point Park in Anoka, hoping for smallies-n-kitties, comeraderie and a little peace & quiet. The following factors may have influenced our catch rate;
-Live bands with 10,000 watt PA's 1/2 mile away
-Pleasure boaters of all shapes and sizes
-An elaborate fireworks display with loud boom-booms

Next time I hit the Missy for night-play, I'll check my local community pages for Father Hennepin Days. Dohhhh

Good news....the New Guy got all the fish - bullhead and a young eager (& too dumb to hide) catfish.

Even the turtles were scared.

Rob

Didn't realize Anoka had something going on last night. Oh well. At least the bullheads Iowa Walleye's (bullheads) were biting. Better than getting skunked!

How is the fishing in that area otherwise?

It beats sitting at home, how bad were the bugs?
Best Fishes
Chris

The bugs weren't bad. A few skeeters, but that was it.

I wouldn't call it my favorite spot. The Rum was running REALLY high & fast, maybe 4 or 5 mph. Last summer I got smallies, redhorse & carp. Lots of people who speak an eastern European language I can only guess as Russian, fish it a lot for sucker & small carp. They usually have better luck than I do.

Rob

Hey Bro,
So how was the music and the fireworks display? j/k
But my miss is expecting very soon like tomorrow so it might be a little while before I get out again.

Good fishing bro

Phil,
I'll pray that all goes well. Put me on the list of "folks to call" when yer child sees daylight!

As fireworks shows go, it was good. The music was...okay. I was reminded of why none of my bands ever considered a female vocalist for a rock-cover band....limited playlist. Ooooohhhh Bah-rah-cooda.

Rob

Aquaman01,
We had the little RiverRat last thursday, I tried callin ya but I think I wrote down your cell number wrong. You need to quit changing it so often. But she doing good, not home yet due to the fact that she's a little small but doing very well.
C/M 612-804-1625

Congratulations Mr. Special!

My wife and I haven't had one yet, but sometime in the near future...well after I get a boat anyway wink.gif - or so I keep telling her smile.gif LOL.

BigMike

Thanks everyone,
Hope eveyone had a good weekend also.

Good luck