• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

River Pro Boat in Sartell

Royce Aardahl

I was fishing by the dam on saturday and was wondering who was in the River Pro catching cats. I was in a Fischer boat.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen alot of people down there over the past couple weeks. Its really frustrating knowing many of them are targeting walleyes because they admitted it to me. I have tried calling TIP but in 3 calls now, they have yet to respond once. The River Pro boater might have been Dave Genz i have seen him down there from time to time. Hopefully catfish is all you are targeting too eyeguy

actually we are after crappies.. we've been able to catch a few real dandy fish but the walleye and smallies and rock bass and catfish and northerns bite too. i was out again today and the river is way down. not going back till it rains good. I wouldn't get too excited about the kids down there catching and releasing a few walleyes. most likely small males. there's a gazillion of them.

[This message has been edited by eyeguy54 (edited 05-11-2004).]

Crappies, that is awesome. The river is down a ton for this time of the year. And yea from what these kids have been telling me at school the people down there are catching alot of big females, they caught a few 5-7 lbs. And that just seems like it could be harmful. Good luck opener, maybe i will cya around. I am planning on hittin up the river, not a big fan of huge crowds.

a few 5-7 pounders?? somebody is pulling your leg.

I was down at the Sartell dam and saw the big Jonboat and, I'm hunchin your boat. I agree probably the jon was Dave Genz.

You were located over toward to corner of the papermill I'm hunchin.

I believe you were in a v-hull. What size motor do you have? short shaft? Do you launch at the Sauk Rapids park on the east side of the river?

How difficult navigating the shallows?
thanks

it was a different guy. last saturday there were 2 river pros out. last night 2 guys in a beavertail boat were trying the river. neat lookin set up. the river is close to the low it was at last year. I have a 20 horse mercury jet that works very nice. rock city right now, many bolders showing and some just below the surface. last night I put in at wilson park and went all the way up to the dam. kinda crazy under the sauk rapids bridge!!

Hey EyeGuy,
How do you like your river Pro?
What model do you have?
Can you give me the Good the Bad and any changes you would like to see.
I just got off the phone with Kevin at River Pro and have interest in finding one. Have not seen it in the flesh and looking for feedback.
You can reply here -Thanks

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 05-14-2004).]

The boat I have is not a river pro. I have a fisher 16 foot jon boat with a 20 horse mercury jet outboard. We found this set up for 4100.

Thats incredible eyeguy. I wish I had a setup like yourself. What does a 20 horse jet like that run these days?

[No threats allowed-Do not do it again]

Hey eyeguy

So that was you.It was good to meet you last saturday.I was in the River Pro that was there most of the day.Talked with you a little at the access.Didn't even know you were an FMer.By the way your anchor is still tied to the dam! I left one up there today too! smile.gifThe water is getting LOW.We launched at the same park as last week and knocked a few rocks on take off.Put a few scratches in the bottom but no dents!First scratches on my new boat. frown.gif I looked at the USGS water level site and it looked as though the water had only dropped a couple inches but when I got up there today it looked more like 6 inches.Not a lot of water in that river now.Maybee I will run into you again.

Heywood.
If you want to see a RP and get a ride let me know.I would be more than happy to give you a ride.
You should have baught my last boat.It was gently broke in and a steal. smile.gif

Dennis: Eye Guy has a partner (me). I was the one that chatted with you at the landing last Saturday. Eye Guy is up on that section of the river looking for some Eyes today! Mike

I musta typed something Rick didn't like smile.gif. We got the anchor out friday p.m. with a come a long. 28 bucks saved!! 4 boats up there today. northerns were going good and a couple eyes. yup the water is way down. need some rain bad!! Fonz58 and eye would love to hook up sometime for a ride in a RP!!!!! that would be a blast. I hope to explore south of littlefalls a bit this summer for smallies. I'll post a pick of some of todays action.

[This message has been edited by eyeguy54 (edited 05-15-2004).]

47b4db34b3127ccebede7ac1db170000001610

[This message has been edited by eyeguy54 (edited 05-15-2004).]