• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
bdavid1157

river maps

bdavid1157

Looking for good maps showing the backwater areas of the missippi north of monti. Maybe with depths.

BigMike

If you are looking for anything north of the twin cities it might be hard to find a good detailed map, especially with river levels. River levels change so much and a lot of those areas are so shallow anyways you may have miles with less than 2 feet if that much!

happy hooker

I have a copy of Fishing Hot Spots map for the Miss from Monticello to the Coon Rapids dam. Except for the water levels, I have found this map very accurate. I bought this map serveral years ago, and I don't think they print it anymore. It might be worth your time to contact them to see if they will sell you one. You may be able to find a used one also. This might be something Lakemaster might want to look at!

Thanks, Happy cool.gif

Navigator

The only map I am familiar with for the Miss. up around here is the canoe route map offered by the DNR....and come to think of it, I haven't seen that one in a while??? Nav

------------------
Jon Navratil
Navigator Guide Service
www.naviguides.com
Central MN rivers & lakes

bdavid1157

Thank You for Your help I will try to find those maps. It will give me someplace to search.

HawgTide

I have aquired a couple of maps circa 1986 made by Pioneer Enterprises of Wayzata. I doubt they are still sold. They are pretty good maps, but don't provide depth. The river changes so much from year to year that it would be almost impossible to keep track. They don't really show much more than the DNR maps, except they shows spot where the fishing is supposedly good.

HawgTide

I stand corrected. I found these old maps and more at Cabela's over the weekend. They had some hard plastic maps of the Mississippi from the Twin Cities down. Some even showed depths!

Mark Christianson

I wouldn't trust a depth map of the river any where.
Bad news. Good for basic ideas, but put some thought into the fact that the river can be several feet different just based on rains or lack thereof.
Now take into consideration of scouring done by currents and such.

EBass

I have those free DNR maps. Good for reference and getting to the launch. Otherwise I go slow and watch that finder, look out for stumps, watch the finder, swing to the right to avoid the floating tree, watch the finder, swing back to the left and run into the rock while watching the finder. D'OH!

bdavid1157

THanks for all your help!!!!

Mark Christianson

Hawgtide,
Are you in on the Rivers Edge Smallie tourney???
That one is only like $150.

HawgTide

No, I didn't know about that one until I saw your posting today. Where is that one held? I know its the Little Falls area, but is it between LF and Blanchard? I'm not real familiar with that area. What is the date of it?

HawgTide

I agree BLB. Don't know why they would put that info on them.