• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Shore Gathering - Sept. 13th - Anoka

wounded minnow

I'm in!! That's only minutes from my house. Are there going to be any specific fishing times? I fish that area all of the time. (I'd be glad to share some info) There is a launch in Anoka on the East side of the Rum river and a nice big set of docks at the park next to where the Rum enters the Mississippi.---that particular point is a favorite with the locals.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'll try to make it as well.

Sounds like fun to me smile.gif

What?
Gathering of FM shore anglers and guests (spouses, kids, friends, cellmates, etc.) for some early fall river action and meeting fellow FMers on the greensward, or beside the tailgate.
Where?
Peninsula Point Park in Anoka (Rum River flows into Mississippi River). A map will be posted later when I figure out how grin.gif
When?
Saturday, September 13th 2003 - all day (until it's time to go to Carver).
How?
Plenty of shoreline and features to fish, a boat launch across the river, a few picnic tables, some lawn, some shade, barrier-free access to the shoreline (Mississippi Point, at least - dunno 'bout Peninsula Point) and plenty of parking lot to tailgate in.
Bring?
Potluck picnic kind of stuff and beverages of your choice (at your own risk).
We'll have a turkey frier on hand for (hopefully) a fish-fry. This event has no fee, 'cause we're not getting a pavillion or anything like that. Just folks gettin' together for fishin' and socializin'. Come one come all!
For the Kids!!
Every kid that shows up gets a tackle "surprise grab-bag" courtesy of donations by the FM Pro Staff!

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

[This message has been edited by Aquaman01 (edited 07-31-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Aquaman01 (edited 07-31-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Aquaman01 (edited 09-03-2003).]

• 5 weeks later...

ReBump - got the goodie-bag supplies from gracious donators and no kid will leave empty-handed!

Very Special Thanks to FishingMN Pro Staff contributors -

Crappie Tom
Northlander
Guts
Catch'n

and the businesses that generously donated tackle and goodies -

TSJigs
The Gateway Store (Kabetogama, MN)
The Bait Box (Superior, WI)
Catch'n Tackle

Now it's just up to all the fine and talented fisherfolk to put some walleye in that frier! wink.gif
------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
"The bow is set to distant shore,
then loss is gained and gains once more.
When beach is reached and sails are torn,
the journey is it's own reward."

[This message has been edited by Aquaman01 (edited 09-03-2003).]

CASTING CONTEST!! (mid-morning, like 10 am or so)
Thanks to The Gateway Store (Kabetogama, MN) there are a few items who's uniqueness defies a grab-bag, so there will be a bit of gaming.

20' into a 5-gallon bucket (or 30' into a hoola-hoop if someone wants to bring a hools hoop), for kids under 12.

Every contestant gets a little something extra just for trying, and the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place contestants get a little something...unique, for best hits out of 5 tries!

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{

Here's a map to Peninsula Point Park - We will probably have a big 'FishingMN.com' banner to help find us, but if not - look for a guy in a green or brown outback hat - that's me.

Aquaman,

It's too bad I can't be at this years event.....would've been perfect timing too cuz we always hunt the early goose opener then usually take a weekend off of goose hunting for other things such as fall fishing. Can you do me a favor and say something at the gathering about my being in Iraq even though I have never met many of you face to face? Thanks...

SGT Riverbaser(Jeremy Hinton))

You bet I will, Jeremy! I'll raise a toast to you!

I "pre-fished" the park and did a little recon with my daughter (2) and she showed me up nicely - she got a 13" smallmouth and two big Redhorse suckers for the cut-bait stock (crawler-onna-bottom). Some other people were getting carp on corn. I'd bet some doughbait or boilies would provide action, too. I didn't throw any artificials - I was too busy building little wooden "mouse-houses" out of sticks in the sand grin.gif

I'm gonna set up the frier and the banner at the big fire-pit on the point, even though the picnic tables are up near the facilities building.
There is lots of shoreline on both the rum and Missy to fish.
Sand/silt bottom, some rock patches, and the only rigs I lost were to trees above my head
blush.gif

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{

[This message has been edited by Aquaman01 (edited 09-06-2003).]

Too bad I have to work the day, or I might consider doing that one too.

I'm not sure if I'll be attending the Carver gathering unless we get some rain by then (which sounds like we might, thankfully) As I'd like to bring the boat along... but don't really want to be bumping stumps/rocks all the way up as I got a long shaft, so she draws a little more water. Otherwise I have some other tenative plans that night as well.. so prally won't make the decision till later in the week. Might run down there on Thrus/Friday just to check to see if the launch is open or not...

Aquaman sent me a map and here it is:

MapToPenPt.jpg

Another huge, and belated thanks to Mr. Special for loaning a fryer and tipping me off to the location!
Thanks, man.

Rob

riverbasher,
Thank you for what you're doing. And when you get back, you got a spot on my boat or ice house.

Good luck

Riverbasher,
we appreciate what you're doing and wish you could join us on this event.

Nuts! I'll be home building boats the 13th. I had planned on being in Monti...but Sherry (My incredable better half) Took orders for 2 boats and promised Sept delivery. The nerv of her cutting into my fall fishing time!

I'll be there. I have a few goodies for those in attendance. Also, there may be a couple other folks there who have things to hand out as well.

hope to see a lot of you there. Stop by anytime from 8 am to 4 pm...ehhh Rob?

Should be a few fish willing to bite.

So how did it go. I went to the carver kitty gathering and didn't see anyone till 1:30 and I ran into Mr. Special and some others.

And by the way I caught and released a 38" Flathead on cut sucker, yup I said cut sucker.

[This message has been edited by EBass (edited 09-15-2003).]