• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rivers Edge Tourney

Royce Aardahl

So how was the fishing? I heard from Jim at Outdoors Weekly that 15 pounds won the event. 5 smallies? What's hot up that way for the smallies? Thanks and congrats to whoever won.

Fishing was fantastic. Lots of action.
15.10 took tops. Lots of nice fish came in for sure.
Kevin Turner took tops.

My 6 year old son was at the weigh in, and he wanted an autograph from a "pro fisherman". So I grabbed Kevin, and he autographed a crankbait that my son brought with. Man was my boy a happy camper!
Great job in the tourney Kevin!
And you made my sons day too!

(Lots of guys commenting about how big Kevins head was getting while he was signing the lure) smile.gif

Kevin,
I think your partner or friend was taking pictures while you were signing the lure. Any chance you can get a copy for me?

Wow, My 1st autograph, my head swelled so much I had to ride in the back of the truck.

I'll ask Carl if he took a photo and for sure get you a copy.

The hot bait for us, was a white 3/8ths buzz bait.

I also caught my biggest Musky, 44" on the white buzzer.

I had a small muskie eat a buzzer for lunch, and another classic wake behind another buzzer, but never got the fish close enought to see how big.

Congrats Kevin. Maybe we will see you on the river someday. 16 foot Ficher john with a 20 horse jet. I've been playing with the buzz bait but havn't had any luck yet. My mepps are doing great. I plan to try the buzz again tonight to see what happens. <>< <><

Out of curiousity, what were the boundaries? Was there anything for big fish or was it just a total basket weight? Congrats Kevin.

Well Kevin we nailed a few samllies on the mepps and I did try the buzz bait. had 3 hits on it but couldn't hook up. I'll keep trying it . Rookie buzz baiter here. Thought I had my 20 inch smally tonight but it was a 7 pound cat. they like those mepps too. man what a fight in the current. smile.gif

I'll keep a look out for you. The Mepps will catch 5 times more fish than the Buzz, but the larger fish seem to like the buzzer. Just my .02 worth.

They did pay $600 for big bass (4.30 lbs Bill & Ryan Sloneger from Monti)

I'll keep rotating the lures and see what happens. I WILL get one on that buzz bait. Any paricular brand? My fishin bud got his 21 1/2 incher last friday on a #3 Mepp, gold blade and yellow hair. That lure and the #3 red and white blade with white hair seem to catch more. Next summer we hope to try the Little Falls area.<>< <><

Rivers Edge top ten:

1. Kevin Turner & Carl Zavorka 15.14 lbs.

2. Corey Naig & Mark Fisher 15.02 lbs

3. Steve Schlichting & Fred Loehrer 14.26 lbs

4. Greg Jones & Scott Zupfer 13.36 lbs

5. Tom & Marcy Zananko 13.22 lbs

6. Bill & Ryan Sloneker 12.92 lbs

7. Gordon Caspers & Dick Fisher 12.72 lbs

8. Steve Legatt & Chad Omann 12.37 lbs

9. Dave Genz & Tom Roberts 12.20 lbs

10. Todd & Noah Kelm 12.16 lbs

Largest fish by Bill & Ryan Sloneker 4.30 lbs.
Great tourney! I can't wait for next year.

Hey Kevin
Did you find out if your partner was the one that took those pictures of you autographing that lure?

Hey Kevin
I fished in the tournament with mostly buzz baits, and my partner and i had about 15 short strikes and fish that barely touched the lure i was wondering if you had simular problems. Oh yea in the tourny i lost a fish around a dock and i caught it the next day. Lets just say it would have put us in the top 8.