• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Smallies below SCSU

Royce Aardahl

There's a landing on the west side of the river that I would like to use but I havn't fished this area. I see guys standing in the river once in a while fishing. Not now cuz of the water level. I use to fish from shore on the other side 10 years ago and caught some smallies. Any body ever put a boat in here and fish around the islands? Or further down? 20hp jet motor on the boat so I should be ok. Thanks and keep your lines wet!!

There are two landings near the campus. The older south-east ramp is easier to unload in low water.
From the dam down about 2 miles is great summer time smallie action.
When water is very low, it can be tuff even with a jet, but whats a few bumps a bruises when the smallies are begging for your attention.

I was there on Saturday. Fished 5:30 am to 11:30 am, and we got 3 smallies! We tried everything. Waiting for the flows to go down some, before trying again.

thanks, hope to put in at clearwater on sunday and try some spots.

hey eyeguy! I put in there myself with my motorized canoe about 6 weeks ago! Don't you remember......it was the same night I called you, and Jay and I hooked up with you and caught a bunch of fishies up by the Sauk Rapids Bridge.

ya I remember, looking for all the info I can get man. smile.gif

fonz you gotta get a real job, you spend way too much time in here. heehee

Hey E.G. who's working right now, and who's on the river right now!