• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

favorite smally lures

Royce Aardahl

Other than a fathead on a bare hook with a split shot I love fishing for smallies with Mepp Spinners. What's your favorite?

#1: Bass Buster Beetle Spin
#2: Rapala Skitter Walker
#3: Mepps #3
#4: Rattle Trap
#5: Aardahl Wiggle Worm

You must have a BIG tackle box if you have room for an Aardahl wiggle worm.

I have three:
#1 BIG tubes
#2 pulling cranks - Notice I said "pulling" cranks. I can cover more water, on a river, trolling than casting them. Sounds odd????
#3 topwaters (anything that goes buzzz, wooossshhh & pop)

got out tonight, mepps caught a couple but most were with split shot and minnow or crawler. cats, smallies and walleyes a 5 pound cat nailed my mepp and I thought for sure I had my monster smally. maybe next time.

I agree on the tubes or anything I can skip under cover. Also like regular bass jigs in a crayfish color.

I've got a couple on top water and a couple on cranks, but more often I'm fishing the shore line cover, while all the big bass are below the boat. Figures!

1/6 oz. Yellow Bumblee Rooster Tail.
3 inch pumpkinseed, Texas rigged with 1/8 oz. bullet weight crawfish(all in one breathe).

Jim W