• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Montissippi Park-What, Where, When, How?

Anyone been by there lately?
Ran into a guy at the Orono Spillway who said he's nailed lots of smallies and walleye from shore - I'm lookin for confirmation and pointers. Last time I was there was spring, and the current was too vicious to fish effectively. Wanna get my son (4) out for one last open water day-trip from shore during this coming Saturday's Indian Summer before we pack up the gear.

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC

How do I get to Montisippi Park? Is the boat lauch good/bad? Thanks for the reply

West on 25 out of Monticello - past the convenience stores, and look for signs on the right hand side. I've never put in there, but there's a ramp, but I don't know it's conditions. The guy I saw launch in April seemed to have a little trouble, though.

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC

actually it's highway 75. go to the second Monticello exit hwy 25 go north to 75 , go west about two miles you will see the gun club on the right and the next right is the park entrance . go all the way to the river and you have it. you can also take the first Monticello exit which is hwy 75 go west past hwy 25 and stay on 75. to the park. metro

I have said something that the administration did not like and have been banned from the board.F.M has pretty thin skin if that's all it takes.Metro

[This message has been edited by metro 1 (edited 11-12-2002).]

Oh yeah - thanx Metro - I keep getting 25 & 75 confused. Wonder whatever happened to that old national system of east-west roads being even #s? Probably only interstates. Thanx for the clarification.

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC