• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
metro 1

Is my boat right for the River?

metro 1

I have a c14 ' with a 9.5 hp evenrude and right now the rivers are a howling pretty good and I have a time getting back to where I start from. You have a two hp I did not know they even made a gas powered two horse. I think you would be ok when things get back to normal but there is allot of power there now, be careful and the worst that could happen is you will have to walk to your car and drive the boat back. good luck , Metro

I have said something that the administration did not like and have been banned from the board.F.M has pretty thin skin if that's all it takes.Metro

[This message has been edited by metro 1 (edited 11-12-2002).]

I'm looking to fish The River, and it's tributaryies in Sherburne & Wright County, and my boat is an old stripped-down 12' Alumacraft with a 2-horse johnson on it. I draft about 8", and the lower unit is about 8" below that. I'm not so much worried about running too shallow (I'm a cautious guy) as I am about being overpowered by The River.
Help?
Ramps?
Locations?

Thanx-

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC

Thanks. I assume it's a two horse - the ID tag on the casing says 'maximum out put at blah blah rpm - 2 horsepower'. I haven't run it yet, but it's kind of cool - the gas tank is integral. I just need to carry a spare gallon, but no hoses.

metro 1

I would think the one tankfull would last all day and then some.does the motor have reverse or do you just spin it around. metro

It's a spin-around. It's white, and it's my 1st OB motor, on my 1st boat. I still haven't even started it up in a trashcan yet. My Father-out-law found it for me Sunday and surprised me with it. It has a lot of controls on it, though.

Many times I have fished stretches of the Mississippi when it was to shallow to motor upstream, what we did then was plan just where we were going to finish the day a leave a vehicle there to take us back up stream to retrieve the boat trailer. This good way to explore and learn a new stretch of river, the same can be done during high water periods when your motor is to small.