• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

metro duck and goose hunting

lttle walleye hunter

i wanted to know if there were any metro public land or lakes that me and my dad could go hunting duck or goose on later htis fall. I live in brooklyn park and was lokking for a place within an hour drive of my house.

Opportunities abound. Get yourself a Minnesota Gazetter and you can find all the WMA and WPA's on the map in the tan color. Do some scouting the day before and shoot em dead.

Within an hour there are a lot of places to shoot. Later in the year scouting is the key. Don't follow the crowds either. Some of my best days come on smaller potholes later in the year. Don't be afraid to ask the farmers either if you see potholes in the fields that are still open. Most farmers are a lot more willing to let you hunt after their crops are out.

Another resource to try is the MWA public hunting land map. I think I picked on up at Wal Mart. Or the DNR's recreation compass works fairly well.

Gophers&eyes.

Gander has them on sale right now for 12.99. Usually there about 18-20.

I was wondering if you could get those gazetteers at gander mountain, or where you can get them? i am a student at the u of m and i have decoys, gun, waders and am still looking for close places to go so i would like to get one of these maps asap! also if anyone would be interested in having a partner to go hunting during the week on monday or friday mornings, im off and would like to have someone to go with, id be willing to drive, bring everything etc... if anyone is interested just send me an email to [email protected]. thanks guys and good luck to all.