• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

early goose total?

PLfisherman

how did everyone do? this was my best early goose hunt ever in the three years i have done this (im only 20). me and my buddies shot a total of 65 geese including 13 lesers. all in pretty much one field we got a couple in another. one morning a flock of about 60 lessers came in and five of us dropped 13 it was awsome. we are alos in a very pressured zone near prior lake. how about everyone else?

my bro and I (flowage tamer) had a pretty good early season...our best ever.

We hunted 4 days and shot 19 geese...lost 1 though as it sailed away. All but one of them were killed over field spreads, and all of the shots were on decoying birds, which was nice to see.

can't wait for duck season and then late goose / pheasant.

S.A.

21 geese

17 with 5 hunters on one day
1 with 5 hunters another day
1 with 2 hunters another day
2 with 2 hunters another day

Reading how well everyone did makes me think I need lessons.

10 total. This was my worst early season. But, on the bright side, I killed every one I shot at. No cripples still out there.

32 this year.. it was a kinda slow early season.. it was the good days that made up for it- the last 3 days were awesome!

50 Geese total, hunted mostly with me and another buddy. Went out with 5 guys total one morning and shot 25 in an hour. A buddy of mine totalled over 100 on hunts that he was on. It was an awesome early season. Oh yeah and I'm only 20 also, go to school in Fargo but hunted metro and up here.

[This message has been edited by Flick (edited 09-24-2004).]

this is my first year hunting geese it was good last saturday we dropped 4 and sunday we dropped 3 it was good for only hunting with 3 ppl no calls dogs or decoys it was in a prairie bye a large swamp they would come in during the night to land in the swamp