• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Estate Shells

Does anyone know how the Estate shells compare to any of the Federal shells? Estate is made by Federal right? I saw in this weeks Fleet Farm ad that the 3 inch 1 1/8 oz shot are on sale for $6.99. seems like a good deal on a 3 inch shell.

as far as im concerned estate shells dont even compare to federal. estate shoots about 250 FPS slower from what i have found. but if that doesnt bother you, go for it. there is just not the speed for knockdown. I personally like the federal speed shok and duck and phesant loads in bb of bbb

------------------
this is just my 2 cents
Pooh

I have shot the Estate shells a few time for ducks and geese. I have had just as good shooting with them as I have with the more expensive shells. Their lead shot shoots very well out of my gun for grouse. Another good bargain for shells are the cheap Winchester shells. I have seen them perform better than the Winchester Supreme's. Some friends of mine like other shells better than others. The thing to do would be try some out and see how they perform for you.

I used Estate shells on one hunt and that was enough for me. Maybe I got a couple of bad boxes but they didn't seem to throw a consistent pattern. Halfway through the day, after crippling 3-4 birds that required long retrieves by the Lab I switched back to my Winchester Supremes. Alot more knockdown power in the Winchesters. So, the Estate I have left are strictly used for swatter loads after putting birds down. Makes for shorter faster retrieves by the pooch. That's all I'll use Estates for. I think they're a discount shell and you get what you pay for. My opinion only.

Brad

Curly,

I started using estate shells 3 years age when I saw a deal on a case of them. I shoot a browning BPS, I shoot estate 3 inch 2 shot at ducks and BB or BBB at geese. Honestly, I wouldn't change back to more expensive shells. I am young and only shot federals for one year, but I am extremely happy with what estates do for me. Everyone else I hunt with uses expensive shells including tung*****n-iron, tung*****n polymer and others. I still knock down as many ducks or geese as anyone else. Who knows maybe I am just a better shot than the older guys. I think if you have the ability to wait for a good shot and ta**** the shots when you have them, estate shells are all you will ever need.

Good hunting,

Ely la**** Expert

[This message has been edited by Ely Lake Expert (edited 09-12-2004).]

This is just a test post, I don't know why it is putting random stars in words in my post.

Ely La**** Expert

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Let me try this again.

la**** la**** la**** la**** la**** la**** la**** la****

Ely La**** Expert

They kill ducks n geese just fine, but they dont burn as clean as federals, if your shooting a gas gun you'll need to clean it pretty often, i just noticed alot more powder residue..
shoulda gone to joes sporting goods this weekend 6.99$ a box for 3" speed shock