• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Jewelry- Duck Bands

shae1986

We downed a banded goose this morning and will post where it was bande at in the future. Second bird of the year with that i have seen with a band. Flicks was the first.

DinnerPail

Never shot a banded duck or goose, but three years ago I shot a buck with a DNR ear tag. Went to there office ib Grand Rapids and they pulled the file on the deer and showed me where they tagged it. It was about seven miles from where it was taggeg 2 years before.

JEV

I shot two banded mallards on opening weekend. It will be interesting to see where they came from but I have a pretty good idea....

JEV

Sartell Angler

only band for us this year so far came from a double-banded pigeon I pounded on early goose opener.

last year we got two banded honkers and a greenhead. The geese were locals and the greenhead came out of Saskatchewan.

hopin' for a couple more this year!

SA/wdw

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• papadarv
      Grew up on a farm. Small building on left pic was a smoke house. Dad (or Pa as we knew him) raised hogs. Bro & I would sneak in the smoker and eat the small knife cut strips of un-done bacon, we both loved. During summer family would go to Stewart lake with cane poles to catch bull heads. Biggest catch was 186 and was considered as great Food. Smaller tractors were hand crank start, didn’t have batteries. At dinner (now Aka lunch) we listened to a WCCO Cedric Adam’s for grain prices. When Corn & Beans went up a nickel per bushel meant next 3 days of hard sweat labor shoveling grain out of granary (building in pic 2) into the double clutch shift truck to go to market. In 1950, dad decided to winter in Florida, sold all livestock, pack 10 kid in a station wagon and headed south on a 6 day trip. At gas stations going threw Ala. and Ga. boys used the bathroom with the “Colored" sign above the door. Being from MN we had no clue about southern segregation. My friend's dad hobby was fixing cathode ray tube TV's where I spent countless hours with him learning electronics. In ’59 I brought our first family TV home which I actually fixed. The countless hours paid off with working 40 years at Control Data. In late ’76 early ’77 as a hobby, built a self contained PC computer before the Apple II came out. Almost got me fired as I was a Test Engineering manager and not in development. A few things I haven’t done. Got sober in 1977. Haven’t tasted a wine cooler, no clue what Light Beer or craft beer tastes like and have no desire to find out. All this stuff was invented after I quit drinking. During the day my favorites were Oly beer, IW Harper bourbon and any cheap Gin.
    • DonkeyHodey
      Times are crazy, but I am thankful. 😊   I am blessed.  This was a beautiful evening last summer.  I am in Good hands.  I have a Hope and a Future.  Hoping to hit the shore of the Missi this evening for a “therapy” session with the kids and hopefully the suckers will be running.  I’ll keep ya’ll posted.  Stay safe, friends.
    • Mike89
      thats is how I planned on wearing my bandanna!!!  and I had the same thoughts...  find out tomorrow!!!!
    • Rick G
      A good one for the family Be awesome outdoors,  He always has the wife and kids out enjoying life in Mn
    • IceHawk
      Yep Smurf knew Missy quite well. 👍
    • IceHawk
      Marshal outdoors is pretty good, guy is pretty funny. Someday I'm hoping I get to share the boat or ice with Larry Smith definitely would be a card to fish with for sure !
    • Rick G
      330 Maniac outdoors... Scott is pretty darn awesome toutuber Dtro fishontv,  Darren is always one worth watching MitchBradshaw outdoors, always good stuff coming from this guy.
    • smurfy
      was that for ronny weeres?????? that was my brothers first BIL!!!!🤣
    • IceHawk
      Raising and working on Tobacco farms in Richmond Eden valley  Paynesville area. Hard to believe but was real popular in this area when I was a kid. In fact I spent my summers off school working at a relatives farm. It was sold for Red Man chewing tobbaco. Pretty neat process. Seeds put in Hot beds raised gardens with cheese  cloth covering. When about 5 inches high plants picked and planted in rows behind a  tractor planter similar to a potato tree planter. cultivated, tasseled then when ready to harvest chopped at bottom of stock left to wilt in sun. Then speared on a wood lath and hung in tobacco barn to dry. When dried leaves picked off stock and bailed in wrapped in paper and hauled to Wisconsin to be sold for chewing tobacco. 
    • Rick G
      Yep, water is still a little cold in Central Mn.  Two lakes yesterday, Horseshoe chain and Clearwater.... couldnt find any water warmer than 45, most of the bays still had some ice floating yet on the Shoe. Clearwater was a little better, 48-50 in the back bays.  Not a whole lot in the shallows yet.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.