• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Walley Pimp

Labby -

Did you smack 'em Saturday in that location you were spying on? We did well on Friday, but the weekend was kind of slow, surprisingly. Oronoco was decent on Sunday, with lots of mallards in the mix.

Seems that the hammer fest is back on in our 55th St field. Ran two groups through yesterday and shot a total of 47!

Maybe we can hook-up this weekend if Mike rolls into town??

Schnieds, Lab
I am now thinking of rolling into town on the 5 a.m. happy flight. I have to talk the the warden to see if she would want to make the night drive. At least that way I could hunt in the morning. If not I will be around about noon on Thursday. My blind and dekes should be arriving in the area any time now, via my sister.
Just let me know what you want to hunt, I have no objection to hunting pheasants or geese. I do have a pheasant hunt planned for friday with Joni's dad. Anyone's welcome. I am going to call all the land owners tonight.
Other wise I am open for the rest of the weekend!
wp

[This message has been edited by Walleye Pimp (edited 11-26-2003).]

Mike -

Call me on my cell phone whenever you get into town. I am not planning on any hunting Thursday morning, but will probably go after some ditch chickens tomorrow afternoon. Friday morning I will probably be guiding, but may have room if you are interested in jumping in. Lab is welcome too. The rest of the weekend is uncharted, so lets hook-up!!!

G eye
Never got back to the computer after Wednesday. My last 2 outings have sucked to say the least. No geese killed. Friday I had a good field wrong location. Birds around us are very shy and extermely difficult to fool as of late. We need some snow. Lots of birds around but they seem to be hitting the fields that are leased. I dont know why the guys who have it leased are not out hunting. I talked to Dean on thursday. Sounds as if it has been a slaughter on the 55th st fields. I am looking to get up there but I think I will wait until the late season. Let me know if you have anything going this week. Pimp sorry our schedules didnt mess better this weekend. The wife really screwed mine up with the run to Wisconsin on saturday.

Labby how is the blasto dog doing? Did you end up getting the meds down in Mexico?

Duckbuster

Lab -

Yes, it has been a slaughter on 55th street. If I told you how many we've been shooting out there, you'd probably call me a liar!

We had good luck this past Friday and Saturday. Then with the mild temps on Sun, things slowed down quite a bit. I took a break and went back out Sun afternoon (better than watching the Vi Queens). There was massive movement during the last hour, the skies were black with geese in just about every direction. We got one flock into the decoys, shot 'em up, and decoyed one other single.

I know what you're saying about shy birds. It's probably going to take some weather to change that. One of our guides used only super mags Friday, probably 6 - 8 dozen, and really smoked the birds in an otherwise quiet field.

If you can get out with Dean this week, I would highly recommend it. I know he's pretty slow with clients until Friday. If we get some weather, the late season is going to be a freenzy.

Good luck!

Thanks G eye
I will call him today. The kid is really wanting to get up there again. This work thing really is getting old. ha ha Been real busy lately plus I am heading to LOTW to pound the early ice eyes next Thursday.

Duckblaster the pup is doing real well. I had to lay off him this season but I did get him out a few times. Did real well. I got some meds over the internet in Mexico. 2.25 a pill. Way better than $9 a pill. I have a buddy going to Mexico this week and he is going to pick up another 150 pills for me. I am planning on going the full 6 months of treatment to whip this thing. He has put his weight back on and is no worse for the wear. Thanks for your help

Flip how is the Roch hunting going this week?

If there is any indication how the hunting has been. This is the first time I have looked at the computor in a couple of weeks. Shot my birds everyday and helped a few of the guys with sailors. Tons of birds everyday. I think a guy can get spoiled real quick over there. Met some real good people and am greatful for the oppertunity to hunt with them. Tons of birds in town now and should be a good week here too!

Sounds like it was a good week for ya. I am heading up to LOTW on Thursday so I think I am done with the local geese. I am going to make at least 1 trip to Roch before it is all over. So many things to do so little time!