• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

field reports

Flipnripem

Hey guy`s, I`ll be on the German-Jefferson chain tomarrow. Fished it alot and know my way around good enough to set up in the dark. Definatly sneaking a rod in the boat! Hope we get some banging. I`ll let you know when we return. Any action on Elysion?

HUNTER2

Went over to LQP this mourning for some goose action. Really dead. Only 2000 geese on the refuge. I think we need some cold weather up north.

------------------
Hunt&Fish tell you drop!

Fairimont area has plenty of ducks. We have been shooting 4 or five every time we go. There are also quite a few geese.

I have been noticing more and more geese floating into Austin. Hopefully I will get to them this week.

Long Gray Line

Went out this morning just north of the TC, saw lots of teal and woodies still around. The way they were flying (low and with destinations in mind!) they still must be local birds. The mallards are grouping larger, 15 - 20 birds with very few singlies and twosies winging around.

Bryce

Had hunter2 out on Mud by New London (actually the river off of Dilley's landing) this morning. Typical story of should have been here yesterday. Between sheets of rain we managed to boat 2 woodies and a teal. Lots of ducks moving Sat. Be careful of Cans in the area. Immature and hard to ID. Off to ND next weekend. Any reports for the Oakes area?

Flipnripem

Jefferson area has ducks to be had. There is so much new water in the fields the mallards were hard to come by. Woodies and teal, a few divers. We had a pair of cans suck right in, nice. Yes the flew unharmed. From Madison lake south we saw very few birds. Sounds like west and north of our location is the place to be. Hey walleyepimp, I didn`t know you were a local goose hunter? I`m sure iv`e seen or run into you afield before. I mainly drive a black and gray ranger with a black topper. Pull in and say hey some time. Flip

Flipnripem

Jefferson area has ducks to be had. There is so much new water in the fields the mallards were hard to come by. Woodies and teal, a few divers. We had a pair of cans suck right in, nice. Yes the flew unharmed. From Madison lake south we saw very few birds. Sounds like west and north of our location is the place to be. Hey walleyepimp, I didn`t know you were a local goose hunter? I`m sure iv`e seen or run into you afield before. I mainly drive a black and gray ranger with a black topper. Pull in and say hey some time. Flip

Hunted Peats bog WMA today. Nothing at all. Saw very few ducks. The few ducks flying had somewhere else they wanted to be, flying high and riding the wind.

Tim L

just got back from LQP saturday was pretty slow 4 teal today was a different story lots of teal & mallards ended up with a drake and hen and 4 teal windy and rainy seen alot of geese flying this weekend no shots on the geese maybe next weeekend.

Flash

What a weekend. Found a picked corn field that was flooded. Set up Sunday morning and five of us bagged 19 Mallards, 5 Pintails, 4 Woodducks and 2 Widgeons. Most fun I've had in a long time.

Bogsucker

Hunted pool 5 backwaters on Sunday. Saw very few ducks, mostly woodies. Did bring home 2 mallards and a pintail.

Flip,
I drive a black and grey dodge with a topper and a Rapala sticker on the back.

Hunted a field tonight. Had plenty of action but could'nt get them to commit to their death. We did luckily scrape 1 short of our limit.

Where's Duckaholic's report? If you read this Duck, I'll be hunting around "Shooters" Thurs. thru Sunday. Don't know exact dates, but I'll be around, are you?

For my report(s). Slow around Otter Tail County, but there are people who are having success. Mainly young, "local" mallards, woodies and occasional ringbills. I haven't experienced anything hot, except when I worked a river I found lots of birds. I haven't seen any new birds yet, but last Sat. there was a lot of migrations heading south.
Good huntin'!

Hunted a slough in pool 4 yesterday mourning. Baged 4 mallards and 2 woodies. The bird were flying everywhere in the mourning. Things slowed down at about 10:00. Anyone else hunting around Red Wing?

------------------
http://fishingminnesota.com/rtsports/

[This message has been edited by rt_sports (edited 10-09-2002).]

Eric, I haven't had a chance to get out yet. Let's hook up sometime and hit the sloughs.

Mark

Ozzy169

Dying down real quick around So. Metro, few flocks of mallards, pintail, redheads. Teal and woodies are on the move and need to have alot more crops harvested real soon!!

------------------
Get 'er done

Went out last night for a short hunt in the paynesvile area. Got two teal. Saw a lot of ducks, mostly teal. I also saw a big flock of snow geese. Heading out tommrow don't know where yet. Thinking about north lake, down by hastings.

Flipnripem

Hey w.p. We have been on them all week but the clear sky`s have kept them in town till after shooting hour`s. Tuesday we shot two lesser canada`s and a pretty ross goose. He`s going to tom`s in clarks grove. Tomarrow morning should be awsome. I`ll let ya`ll know how we do. Duckin is on the back burner till new ducks come down. Lot`s of mallards in town. Flip

Flipnripem

Hey w.p. We have been on them all week but the clear sky`s have kept them in town till after shooting hour`s. Tuesday we shot two lesser canada`s and a pretty ross goose. He`s going to tom`s in clarks grove. Tomarrow morning should be awsome. I`ll let ya`ll know how we do. Duckin is on the back burner till new ducks come down. Lot`s of mallards in town. Flip

Flip,
I noticed the same thing. They are leaving town about 6:40. Morning are the only option. This cold weather should change things. I was in a wedding this weekend so did'nt get out at all. Will be hitten em some time this week in the morning. There is definaly no shortage of them lessers. The flocks I have been seeing are huge!

Flipnripem

Pimp, All I`ve seen in the morning is honkers leaving thier evening roost and flying back to town. Some ducken reports sound pretty good. Might have to head to the lake this weekend. I have a few fields that are going to be picked soon! Then we`ll crank er up.

Flick

Hunted western Mn this weekend and had pretty good hunting. On Sat. 3 of us had our limit by 9:00. Mostly teal still, 2 woodies, a mallard, gadwall and widgeon. Sunday was a lot slower, only got 3 teal and a mallard. Saw way more ducks though, most flying high. Also got 3 geese over the weekend, a couple monsters.

Flipnripem

Last two nights all my attention was focused on mallards dropping straight down on the robo`s. It has been a blast. Hey pimp what ya been up to? Are there any reports from Walnut? How about the Mankato area? Pretty sure I`ll be in the duck boat come sat. morning. Good hunting Flip

Ozzy169

Tues. night was awesome, had limit of mallards, pintail and wigion by 5:45 pm, wends night not as good , 3 mallards, but they were coming right at legal shooting. Hunting in so. metro

------------------
Get 'er done

RiverRunner

Last weekend near Rogers was pertty good. Four hunters bagged 7 Geese and six ducks, 5 teal and one wood duck, that was on Saturday. Sunday not so good three hunters bagged one teal, tons of teal seen though. We were hunting on Pelican near Monticello on Sunday. Does any one have any reports for the Morris Area.

Flip,
Have'nt been to Walnut for about a week and a half. Hunted Hickory Lake the other eve. Saw lots of geese but no shots.
I have to work all this weekend if the weather stays fair. Planning on hitting Walnut next Tues.
No solid report from Mankato area all my friends are in ND for the next 10 days. I have been trying to study for upcoming tests but I can't focus because it has been so long since I have shot anything.

Flipnripem

Hey pimp, thanks and are you seeing any ducks on Hickory? I`m planning on Jefferson on sat. anyhow. Kinda gotta go. Elysion is worth a check if there are any divers down. I`ll let you know. For you fellas up nort, If you could send a, here they come, when them bombers start flocking south. Us duckers down south are looking for em. Thanks Flip

fish_on_llc

Fair success in the Crex Meadows near Grantsburg WI, Mostly teal and woodies until last weekend. All this week has been closed and the Bluebills & Northern Mallards are showing up in droves.

Morning seems better. I hope the nasty weather keeps them low to the ground this weekend!

Good Luck!
Hail the Flashlight King!

Fisher Dave

Finding some birds on the western side of the metro. Plenty of woodies and teal around but the divers are *petering* in. Haven't seen any good numbers of mallards yet, but it seems to be changing daily. I seen quite a few Canvasbacks today and had a pair sit 10 yards from my boat this morning. I also had a FAT drake bluebill sit down on the outside of my decoy line.

There are lots of birds sitting on lake Minnetonka .. makes it hard to pull them into your decoys 10 miles away.

Flipnripem

Checked most of the lakes south of Mankato to the state line and east. Saw some nice flocks of cans and a few ringbills. Not many ducks on the lakes this far south yet. Tomarrow is another day! Flip