• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

? about distance from road

I am scouting an early season goose hunt in southern Minnesota and am wondering what the legal requirement for distance from a paved road is? Can anyone out there help me out?

Usually someone out there to back up my points verbatim from the regs so hopefully they'll jump in. Hunting the right of way in MN is legal so distance from road is not an issue. Shooting accross the road is not legal so pray the wind is in the right direction. Also an issue is an occupied structure or livestock enclosure (not pasture) both issues can be legal if you have permission from the owner.

As Bryce aluded to, hunting from the right of way is legal in Mn, in fact, you can shoot from the road itself. Only exceptions are you cannot shoot from an interstate or US HWY right of way. There might be something regarding MN state HWYs as well, but not sure.

------------------
>"////=<
Gull Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/gullguide
Brainerd-Mille Lacs-Willmar
Bemidji-Ottertail

You have to be 500 feet from an occupied building to legally discharge firearms unless you have permission from the landowner. You can shoot right next a building if it's OK with the land owner!
Best to ask any farmer about shooting around any livestock or any place where you shouldn't shoot to be on the safe side! smile.gif

------------------
F-STOP

page 89 in hunting regs.
Taking Canada geese on public roads and right-of-way is PROHIBITED during the early season in the Metro Zone and in Goose Refuges open to goose hunting.

------------------
Get 'er done

OK Dark, you got me to thinking. Adjacent land posted. Can I hunt the ditch? Not spelled out in the regs. Iowa OK, ND no. Would be nice to here from someone in the know.

If land that runs along the ditch is posted you can not hunt the ditch!My brother had a run in about this issue 1 time!If you question it call the DNR.