• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mauer's injury?

lots of luck

who else is hearing this stuff about the extent of Joe's injury? Sounds rather serious from the rumor mill.

He's young and hopefully can rebound completely.

There's an article in the Strib today, about him and his injury.

He's on the DL now. They brought him back too soon, too fast.

It's gonna be a fight to the finish to see who can lose the fewest games and still be in first place in the Central when the season ends.

I heard that his leg was bothering him from his injury before now.I went to the twins and devil rays game and Nick Punto hit a grand slam.It was a great game. But i think his leg is just bothering him.

Back from Bowstring, boat and gear is put away, time to dink with the computer a little bit.....I don't think it bodes well for young Mr. Mauers long term outlook, to have his knees giving out on him so early in his career, especially as a catcher!

Once they start taking stuff out of, or putting stuff into our mechanical parts, they never get better....they may maintain the status quo for awhile, but then they go down hill. If the opposite were true, we would be able to build a bionic type person!The resiliency of youth will carry him for awhile, maybe?

I had Arthroscopic work done on my knee years ago, by the same dr. that handled the North Stars and it never was the same again, among other things, it aches with weather changes. I believe he had alot more work done then just a simple little legiment tear!

It will be hard to determine weither it is a cronic, recurring injury, or a simple case of to much, to soon....for now, he is apretty exciting ball player, i hope it turns out to be the later and not the former!

Have had surgery on wrist from basketball injury, broken bone and legament damage. I definetly can tell when there will be a weather change. I usually am right more then those darn weather people with all the computers!

As far as Mauers injury (actually pain) it was caused by (so says most everyone now) teh change in the medicine he was taking. We was trying to take something to promote the legament replacement and that is what caused the pain the 2nd time.

But I agree once you take stuff out and don't put the same stuff in, it will never work the same! Hopefully this will just be a little sputter in this kids career...

------------------
------------------
GET-ER-DONE