• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cubs Sweep !! Cubs Sweep !!

I wanted to rub this into all those Sox fans on the Cass Lake board, but I decided to do this with class and tact,(unlike some Sox fans over their)and post this in it's proper thread.
Get the brooms out fellow Cub fans !! Sweep em back to 35th and Shields where they belong.

Hey Walleyediver,
Do you still have that broom the Cubbies used on my beloved or did you sell it to the Brew Crew for a new fishing rod??? Payback is a mother, not that the Sox are doing any better but we don't have a 100 million dollar payroll and the two best pitchers in baseball since Cy Young and Sandy Koufax. Cardinals are clicking, sure is going to be a long season on the north side. Notice I did not talk about fishing on this thread, wouldn't want to confuse the two like all those other low class Sox fans I heard about.
It might be...It could be...It is...A sweep by the Brew Crew. Two runs in three games???
Come on Slammy Steriod, start juicing again before it's too late!!!

CUBS-- Completely Useless By September
Go Billy Goat, GO!!!!!

Way to Go Mudcutter,
That is one of my favorite sayings over the years. Last year there was this little old lady outside of Sox Park and she had a sign with this saying on it and I clipped it out and it is on my office door along with my plaque that reads, "My two favorite baseball teams are the White Sox...And whoever is playing the Cubs!" GO SOX, Curt

Hey Commanche,
It's been mighty quite up north these days, huh? Not too much chirping going on just some good old fashion sweeping, tomorrow completes the double dip. Sox are only half game out and two games in hand, things are looking up. Maggs is back and Freddie will settle into a groove. I hate to break the code but can we talk a little fishing over here. I am going up to Cass on July 24th and might be interested in doing lunch over in Mokena or Orland Park to trade Hot Spots maps and talk some Cass Lake fishin. I go primarily after walleye, then perch and Northerns are accidental. This year I am going to try a half day here and there and try my luck at muskie though I am in no way a muskie man. I went out for a half day with Dances With Fish ( Bob Gray ) who is a regular on this web site and he got the bug planted in me when he landed about a 43 incher, it was a pig. When do you go to Cass, where do you stay and what do you fish for. How many years have you been going? We have been going for 17 years and we stay at Wishbone. Looking forward to hearing back from you but until then, STRETCH......YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES! Go Sox (and whoever is playing the Cubs) Curt

Windy,
I'll be going to Leech on the 24 with the family. We are planning a day trip to Cass so I can get ready for the PMTT. I would be happy to hook up in the next week or so. Tuesday and Friday of this week are out. What are the rest of the days looking like for you?
We've been going since 1982, taking one year off. Used to stay at Tom's, and started goin to Leech last year with the family. Did the camping thing for a couple years with the boys.
Fished for anything growing up, but for 7 years now, mostly muskie. In our group (actually, between 4 guys), we've caught 5 50"+, with another 4 over 48" over the past few years and countless smaller ones.

[This message has been edited by Commanche Jim (edited 07-12-2004).]

I diots
O ut
W ondering
A round
Hey Mudcutter, just to bring you up to date, the Cubs did play for the NL Championship last year. So your little anaology is frankly quite useless, as are most folks from Iowa.
Larry
PS How is that pro baseball team doing from that part of the country ??

[This message has been edited by walleyediver2 (edited 07-14-2004).]

Mudcutter RULES!
Hey WalleyeDiver,
All of your idles went thru Iowa to get to your favorite team. DID YOU KNOW YOUR TRIPLE A FARM TEAM IS IN DES MOINES?
That's Iowa, my friend.
So you make a valid point about the lack of pro ball in Iowa.......there is NONE! Good luck to your team....they're old and the young ones are always hurt.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• smurfy
      Looks to me like Leech brought his chair home!!😅😆
    • Brianf.
      I'm not there, so I can't tell exactly what's going on but it looks like a large area of open water developed in the last day with all of the heavy snow on the east side of wake em up Narrows. These two photos are from my Ring Camera facing north towards Niles Point.  You can see what happened with all of snow that fell in the last three days, though the open water could have been wind driven. Hard to say. .  
    • SkunkedAgain
      Black Bay had great ice before but a few spots near rockpiles where there were spots of open water. It looks like the weight of the snow has created a little lake in the middle of the bay.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Thanks to some cold spring weather, ice fishing continues strong for those still ice fishing.  The bite remains very good.  Most resorts have pulled their fish houses off for the year, however, some still have fish houses out and others are allowing ATV and side by sides.  Check social media or call ahead to your favorite resort for specifics. Reports this week for walleyes and saugers remain excellent.   A nice mix of jumbo perch, pike, eelpout, and an occasional crappie, tullibee or sturgeon being reported by anglers. Jigging one line and using a live minnow on the second line is the way to go.  Green, glow red, pink and gold were good colors this week.     Monster pike are on a tear!  Good number of pike, some reaching over 45 inches long, being caught using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring in 8 - 14' of water.   As always, work through a resort or outfitter for ice road conditions.  Safety first always. Fish houses are allowed on the ice through March 31st, the walleye / sauger season goes through April 14th and the pike season never ends. On the Rainy River...  The river is opened up along the Nelson Park boat ramp in Birchdale, the Frontier boat ramp and Vidas boat ramp.  This past week, much of the open water skimmed over with the single digit overnight temps.   Areas of the river have popped open again and with temps getting warmer, things are shaping up for the last stretch through the rest of the spring season, which continues through April 14th.   Very good numbers of walleyes are in the river.  Reports this week, even with fewer anglers, have been good.  When temps warm up and the sun shines, things will fire up again.   Jigs with brightly colored plastics or jigs with a frozen emerald shiner have been the desired bait on the river.  Don't overlook slow trolling crankbaits upstream as well.   Good reports of sturgeon being caught on the river as well.  Sturgeon put the feed bag on in the spring.  The bite has been very good.  Most are using a sturgeon rig with a circle hook loaded with crawlers or crawlers / frozen emerald shiners. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing is winding down up at the Angle.  Walleyes, saugers, and a number of various species in the mix again this week.  The bite is still very good with good numbers of fish.  The one two punch of jigging one line and deadsticking the second line is working well.   Check with Angle resorts on transport options from Young's Bay.  Call ahead for ice road guidelines.  
    • CigarGuy
      With the drifting, kind of hard to tell for sure, but I'm guessing about a foot and still lightly snowing. Cook end!
    • PSU
      How much snow did you get on Vermilion? 
    • Mike89
      lake here refroze too...  started opening again yesterday with the wet snow and wind...  very little ice left today...
    • Hookmaster
      A friend who has a cabin between Alex and Fergus said the lake he's on refroze. He texted me a pic from March 12th when it was open and one from 23rd when it wasn't. 🤯
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't think that there has been any ice melt in the past few weeks on Vermilion. Things looked like a record and then Mother Nature swept in again.   I'll give my revised guess of April 21st
    • leech~~
      As I get older it's really not just about sending bullets down range.  Some of it's just the workmanship of the gun and the wow factor. The other two guns I have really wanted which I'll never have now because of their price, is a 8mm Jap Nambu and 9mm German Luger.   Just thought they always looked cool!  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.